iPhone 5

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• iPhone 5

Not really a digicam but capable of some pretty good output, the iPhone 5 is the latest iteration in Apple's line of smartphones. This one has a built in panorama function. You press the start button, pan across the view, and click Done. It stitches it all automatically. The wife and I just redid our kitchen and we used her new phone to take a shot of it. Here's the result.

If you're not living on the edge you're taking up too much room.
    GoldenYearsGeek.com

Re: iPhone 5

just one minor caveat....
    it's iOS6 that allows the panorama function as i've got this on my 4s
    Dave
    http://www.devilgas.com

Comment

That's a good quality looking stitch job, Pat. I know Apple fans are excited by this feature but the Samsung Galaxy Note has had a pano stitch mode since it was launched a year ago. Here's an example I took at the Paralympics:

Ian
      Founder/editor
      Digital Photography Now (DPNow.com)
      Twitter: www.twitter.com/ian_burley
      Flickr: www.flickr.com/photos/dpnow/
      Pinterest: www.pinterest.com/ianburley/

Comment

I didn't know this feature was "new" to the iPhone. My new Acer phone (which is really just a rebadged Chinese phone) has a pano-stitch mode, so I just presumed every phone had it by now.

The quality isn't that great on my Acer, because the pano is quite narrow and the camera isn't the last word, but it does the job and has novelty value. This was me playing about with it the other day:

Comment

Found a new app for the iPhone called Cinemagram. It creates a constant loop of a short video. In this one it looks like I've taught my daughter's cat how to play catch.

If you're not living on the edge you're taking up too much room.
          GoldenYearsGeek.com

Comment

Working...
          X