Wow - currently testing Samsung's 32 inch U32D970 UHD (4K) monitor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wow - currently testing Samsung's 32 inch U32D970 UHD (4K) monitor

This thing totally dominates my desk and the sheer size and sharpness is remarkable. It's beautifully made (and very heavy) but will set you back 1600 or around $2000 in the US. Test coming soon and before that a look at another, more affordable, Samsung UHD monitor, the 28 inch U28D590D which is just over 400.

Does anyone here already have a UHD monitor or even a 4K TV?

Ian
    Founder/editor
    Digital Photography Now (DPNow.com)
    Twitter: www.twitter.com/ian_burley
    Flickr: www.flickr.com/photos/dpnow/
    Pinterest: www.pinterest.com/ianburley/

Re: Wow - currently testing Samsung's 32 inch U32D970 UHD (4K) monitor

One thing I forgot to mention is that the U32D970 comes with its own screen calibrator.

Ian
    Founder/editor
    Digital Photography Now (DPNow.com)
    Twitter: www.twitter.com/ian_burley
    Flickr: www.flickr.com/photos/dpnow/
    Pinterest: www.pinterest.com/ianburley/

Comment

I dare say it time the price will come down. It would be interesting to know how different it is, in real-world terms, from Apple's Retina monitor (which I'm not sure is available yet).
      Stephen

Just take it easy. There's always tomorrow. And if tomorrow doesn't come, you won't have wasted any effort on it.

My Flickr site

Comment

Originally posted by Ian View Post
        This thing totally dominates my desk and the sheer size and sharpness is remarkable. It's beautifully made (and very heavy) but will set you back 1600 or around $2000 in the US. Test coming soon and before that a look at another, more affordable, Samsung UHD monitor, the 28 inch U28D590D which is just over 400.

Does anyone here already have a UHD monitor or even a 4K TV?

Ian
        Wow, do you get to keep it, or does it have to be returned after testing?
        John Perriment

A photograph is more than a record of what you see - it's a window to your soul

Comment

Originally posted by Ian View Post
          One thing I forgot to mention is that the U32D970 comes with its own screen calibrator.

Ian
          That's useful, do you have to feed him?
          John Perriment

A photograph is more than a record of what you see - it's a window to your soul

Comment

Working...
          X