Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Tripod Recomendations

Originally posted by STEPHEN
    Caz, with the camera and lens setup you mention, a cheap lightweight setup such as the ones you link to maybe just throwing your money away IMO

Consider the Manfrotto 190B with a suitable ball head. Will last you for many years and its not too heavy.
    Originally posted by Patrick View Post
    I know its not what you are looking for but there are circumstances when a Bead Bag can do the job for you.
    True you need somewhere to give support and rest the bag, but some photography like wildlife it can be very stable but more flexible in use.
    I intend experimenting with one on a tripod without the pan & tilt Head which reduces the carrying weight considerably. Jacobs do a lightweight bean bag made from Wax Cloth, over priced but very good quality.

Patrick
    Thank you both for your suggestions. I hadn't considered the bean/bead bag option! Since I take a lot of images of flowers, not sure whether that would be the option.

The reason I'd gone for the kit option is that it included a quick release plate. True, the 190 doesn't appear to weigh a great deal more, but it's the fact that you then have to buy a head to go with it (which increases the weight) - and that's when I really get confused!
    http://carolannphotos.com

Comment

Re: Tripod Recomendations

Originally posted by Caz View Post
      Thank you both for your suggestions. I hadn't considered the bean/bead bag option! Since I take a lot of images of flowers, not sure whether that would be the option.

The reason I'd gone for the kit option is that it included a quick release plate. True, the 190 doesn't appear to weigh a great deal more, but it's the fact that you then have to buy a head to go with it (which increases the weight) - and that's when I really get confused!
      The Bean Bag would be great for taking flowers, many pro natural history and serious amateurs use them.
      I have just bought one and was amazed how stable the camera and lens are, its very much easier and quicker to re-compose than a pan and tilt.

Patrick

Comment

Working...
      X