Cheap camo lens coat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cheap camo lens coat

Been planning to get a camp coat for my Canon EF 400mm for some time but having a couple of birding buddies who have the LensCoat version which cost £60+ and are beginning to fray at the edges, I decided to look for something cheaper.

I came up with a camo gun/rifle wrapping tape which is a little like an elastic bandage which adheres to itself without any adhesive. Costs just £4.50 for 4.5 metres of 50mm wide tape and works a dream. I doesn't have quite the same degree of shock absorption of neoprene but appears to be lasting well - cheap to replace as well!

This is what it looks like on:

and off:

(not sure who put the "Copyright 2008" on the image, it wasn't me - I only took the photos yesterday)

David
    Last edited by David Morison; 10-05-13, 11:46 AM.

Canon 7DII, Sigma 150-600mm Sport, Sigma 18-300mm, Sigma 8-16mm, National Geographic Expedition Carbon.

"It is better to light a single candle than curse the darkness" - Confucius (551479 BC)

Re: Cheap camo lens coat

It looks like you have the Copyright set to 2008 in Lightroom or possibly in your Samsung camera (phone?) and the Lightroom watermark function has picked it up

Ian
    Founder/editor
    Digital Photography Now (DPNow.com)
    Twitter: www.twitter.com/ian_burley
    Flickr: www.flickr.com/photos/dpnow/
    Pinterest: www.pinterest.com/ianburley/

Comment

Working...
    X