Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: TriggerTrap

Makes my 30ft Air Release look a bit outdated

It also is a great illustration of how much patience is required to get the really great shots, that the likes of Paul Hobson http://www.paulhobson.co.uk/ produces. I can imagine spending endless hours waiting for the creature to turn up, only to have it present its bum to the camera, and you just know that if you set the camera up the other side it would turn round...

I can see the TriggerTrap being used for all manner of things, including some "interesting surveillance" style / candid photography. With all the "face, smile, blink, etc" detection that is available in iPhones and cameras, I envisage more of the TriggerTrap features being incorporated directly into the camera.

Thank you for showing us your application of this accessory. Maybe a thread/sub-forum of "remote controlled" photography would showcase peoples work and share more ideas and uses of such techniques.

*chr
    Graham

Comment

I finally managed to do a fixed exposure time lapse at sunset:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A5Dy7rvO3nQ"]Triggertrap Mobile time lapse clip - sundown. - YouTube[/ame]

I'd like to have made the night time brighter - will have to put my thinking cap on about that!

Ian
      Founder/editor
      Digital Photography Now (DPNow.com)
      Twitter: www.twitter.com/ian_burley
      Flickr: www.flickr.com/photos/dpnow/
      Pinterest: www.pinterest.com/ianburley/

Comment

The cloud speed and light fall are just right (for my taste) but the vehicle movement seems faster than I would expect to see. I can only guess that there must be some mixed speed sequences used when you see this type of thing done in adverts etc..

I fully appreciate the vast difference in the "production budjets" that adverts and the like have, with the clip that you have shown, but you really have demonstrated well, just what can be achieved with such a simple set up.

Thanks again, this is most interesting.
        Graham

Comment

Working...
        X