Naturally, any really good feedback will help influence the configuration of the new forum where required.
But there are some planned changes to expect as well:
- Currently the forum is presented in its default style. This does not fit in very well with the DPNow house style, so there will be a graphical make over (aka re-skin). The DPNow left margin with the standard navigation buttons will appear in the next day or two as well.
- The old forum had a right margin, that accommodated advertising. The consensus is that the forum didn't work so well with that in place, especially with small displays and users viewing large photos. I can't afford to lose that and not replace it, so I will be exploring various ways of integrating advertising into the board itself.
- The forum portal at http://dpnow.com/Forums.html will be replaced to accommodate the new forum.
- PhotoPost - the second stage in the introduction of the new forum will involve the addition and integration of PhotoPost Gallery support. You will be able to create personal photo galleries and invite other users to comment on your work.
- As the forum grows, new boards will be added in response to demand. It's also possible that boards which are not busy will be retired.
- Spell checking. No promises here as if we adopt a solution it has to be good enough and to support British English as well as American English and it has to be within budget, but I'm looking into it.