This forum is powered by vBulletin version 3.60 (the latest release to date).
If you are familiar with vBulletin, you will be at home here.
If you are not, here are a few things worth pointing out for starters:
- If you haven't already, you need to register in order to set up your profile and be allowed to post.
- Once you have registered, begin to familiarise yourself with the options in the 'User CP' or User Control Panel.
- When posting a reply to someone else's post, there is a quick reply mode and a more advanced message editor mode. You may see the quick mode greyed out and inaccessible - if so, you need to click on the quick reply icon of the specific post you are responding to so that the thread tree structure can be maintained.
- Have a look at the thread tools options - you can print, email and subscribe to(be notified of additions) the current thread.
- You can also rate a thread if you particularly like or dislike its content.
- There is a search thread option for very long threads and you can change the display of a thread from threaded (which is the default and shows a compact view of as many of the entries in a thread, including the structure of who replied to who) to Linear, which stacks all the opened posts in time order and finally, Hybrid, which is like Linear but also shows the thread structure.
- Finally, and perhaps most importantly, have a look at the Manage Attachments option in the Additional Options Box when creating a post. This lets you upload images (250K maximum please) you want to feature in your post to our server, up to 5 per post. These can be copied from your PC or from another place on the Web (permission granted only please!). These image attachments will be shown as thumbnails which can be clicked on to open them into a full size, separate, window.
You can also use the Insert Image icon in the editor to place an image embedded in your message text.
Have fun - experiment as much as you like and if you get stuck, post a message here and we'll try to sort you out.