Digital Photography Now - www.dpnow.com  

advertisements

Go Back   DPNow.com Discussion Forum > Welcome > General discussion

General discussion If you aren't sure which forum your post would be best housed in, post it here. Some posts and threads may eventually be moved to other forums.

Old 21-02-07
Forum veteran

Liked at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Goatsmilkuk is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Goatsmilkuk
Free photo recovery

I have just seen this posted on another site and thought it may be of use or at least to know about should anyone need it, I have not tried it but have downloaded it.

http://www.download3k.com/System-Uti...-Recovery.html

Below is the description from the site.

Free Art Plus Digital Photo Recovery tool can help you recover lost images from corrupted or accidentally formatted digital camera memory cards. Program works with ALL types of memory cards. It's able to recover images from formatted cards. Reads corrupted cards (even if they're not recognized by Windows)! Recovers JPG, TIF (and most of RAW) files! Program should be able to read all memory cards currently available on the market and recover lost JPG and TIF files. RAW format is not fully supported but the program will read most of the corrupted RAW files too and save them with TIF extension. While it's not optimized for that task, this program can actually also read damaged floppys, CDs and DVDs.

Another is below, I have not tried this one either, but others have and seem to like it.

http://www.pcinspector.de/file_recovery/uk/download.htm

Ron posted this one elsewhere a while back not sure if he has used it.

Stu

Old 21-02-07
Been here for a while....

Liked at 13 Times in 10 Posts
devilgas is on a distinguished road
Re: Free photo recovery

i've had the art plus one for several years (v2.0). haven't clicked the link, but i'm presuming it's been updated. great bit of software and does a fine job of recovering data from cards.
Old 07-03-17
Forum newbie

Liked at 0 Times in 0 Posts
pattrool is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up Re: Free photo recovery

It's not a freeware, is it? The best data recovery software I've ever used is Recuva. It's freeware utility provided by Piriform. Freeware means you don't need to pay anything for recovering data, not even a single penny. There are few good commericalware tools also available in the market, but I have no personal experience with any such tool. So I would better advise you to download demo/trial version first before considering to purchase them. By using demo/trial version, you can see what could possibly be recovered before paying for the software. Only if you are satisfied with the results, then only consider the licensed version.

Last week I read this blog post - http://wordpress.semnaitik.com/2016/...very-software/

It contains quite useful information. You may go through it once.