The winner of competition 122, Barr1e, won't be able to curate the current event so I've been asked to do so. Hope I have the rules right. I've long had a fascination with mirrors and have taken a fair number of photos with them. Dig through your archives or go out and try something new. Not mere reflections, although there are some beautiful examples out there, but photos that actually feature a mirror and of course the mirror's image. Here's a composite of a few I've taken over the years to give you some ideas. If you think this is a bad idea for a subject, I'm certainly open to suggestions but if the subject is unchanged in the next 24 hours, let's go with it and see where it leads.
This Salon will end at Midnight on 23rd May, 2012.
The rules, as usual:
1. All photographs are to be uploaded to the photo gallery at http://dpnow.com/galleries/
They can be put in members own gallery if they wish. The resulting link generated for the photo will then be pasted into the next available space in the salon tread. Please keep photos to a maximum of 800 pixel wide so people can see the whole image without scrolling.
2. One entry per user ID only please, which must be the personal work of the entrant.
3. Entries should be "in line" within the thread (not as a links to an image held somewhere else).
4. Comments only on entries are welcome within the salon thread itself.
5. After the close the curator will indicate a winner and a couple of runners up.
6. The curators decision is final.
7. Winners should be offered first refusal to choose the next theme and curate the next salon.
8. If the winner is unable to curate the next salon the current curator may offer that "honour" to any willing volunteer, possibly the entrant in second or third place.
9. These rules are to be copied and pasted with the new theme by the curator at the top of the new salon thread with a finish date and time.
10. As with all photos posted on DPNow, copyright remains with the photographer and DPNow will not use them without permission.