Digital Photography Now - www.dpnow.com  

advertisements

Go Back   DPNow.com Discussion Forum > Image insight > Software solutions

Software solutions Exchange ideas and tips and learn how to make the best use of your image editing software here.

Old 11-02-11

Liked at 16 Times in 13 Posts
Kurt is on a distinguished road
Adobe Photoshop Elements 9

A very good brief review of Elements 9.

I was a long-time user of Photoshop right from the days it was purchased on a single floppy disk and I have found it hard to move to a more economical programme, but Elements 9 is the first that I have found reasonably comfortable, although it is sometimes hard to find the tool or process that I want to use it is usually there.

What would be really useful is a review, or reviews and tips, of plug-ins. Photoshop users often relied on plug-ins and automations (often Adobe jumped on these and incorporated them into Photoshop). So if anyone has a plug-in that they use regularly it would be great to find out about it.
Old 11-02-11
Admin

Liked at 60 Times in 50 Posts
Ian is on a distinguished road
Re: Adobe Photoshop Elements 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurt View Post
A very good brief review of Elements 9.

I was a long-time user of Photoshop right from the days it was purchased on a single floppy disk and I have found it hard to move to a more economical programme, but Elements 9 is the first that I have found reasonably comfortable, although it is sometimes hard to find the tool or process that I want to use it is usually there.

What would be really useful is a review, or reviews and tips, of plug-ins. Photoshop users often relied on plug-ins and automations (often Adobe jumped on these and incorporated them into Photoshop). So if anyone has a plug-in that they use regularly it would be great to find out about it.
I think OnOne do a plug-in toolkit for Elements called Essentials. Worth a look.

Ian
Flickr: www.flickr.com/photos/dpnow/
Pinterest: www.pinterest.com/ianburley/
Old 11-02-11

Liked at 16 Times in 13 Posts
Kurt is on a distinguished road

I will try the OnOne plug-in when I get a chance. What I would like to hear is any real-world experience of plug-ins. Does anyone here use Elements?

K.
Old 29-05-11

Liked at 41 Times in 29 Posts
OlyPaul is on a distinguished road

Hi Kurt, I use Elements 9, if your talking actual plug-in's then I use the Curvemiester, Noise Ninja and Kodak Digital Gem Airbrush plug-in's.

If your talking about actions then that's to many to list.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/paul_silk_photography/
http://www.pbase.com/paulsilkphotography