Some responses at one of our rumour site.
In view of the fact that Mr. Woodford looks like a cost cutter and that he has successful carriers in the medical & industrial equipment business line, a big & strong cash cow for Oly, and has no sufficient experiences with camera business, they are arguing like;
- Oly might delete original 4/3 dSLR line.
- He might throw away whole camera business, as this business line is in red figure.
- at least compact cameras will be scaled down. Until a few years ago "water proof" or other new features were the sales booster but so many similar models from
competitions now. The sales of lens interchangeable cameras are good.
- Oly' failures: "deep attachment to xD card", "remiss in coping with movie feature in dSLR & micro 4/3rds". Clear reasons to even a novice person.
- The new CEO will no more stick with Pana's sonsor but might get in touch with Sony.
Looks to me they are enjoying the discussions.