Sorry for the delay, I feel quite honoured to curate the 100th Salon and given it some thought since saturday, I think most things have already been done but Ive gone through all of the previous salon's and b&w does not seem to have been done as a theme before.
As its the 100th salon I thought rather than pick a theme that racks your brains in ways to try an interpret the subject, have something that is easy for everyone to enter and see if we can break the record for the number of entries!
Saying that its not going to be easy, don't hold back and bring us your best pictures in b&w that you think could win, aslong as its b&w!
Ian, maybe as its the 100th salon we could add a few more little goodies into the pot aswell as the memory card! Just a thought
This salon will run for two weeks and close at midnight - Sunday 23rd Jan.
The rules are as follows:
1. All photographs are to be uploaded to the photo gallery at http://dpnow.com/galleries/
They can be put in members own gallery if they wish. The resulting link generated for the foto/photo will then be pasted into the next available space in the salon tread. Please keep photos to a maximum of 800 pixel wide so people can see the whole image without scrolling.
2. One entry per user ID only please, which must be the personal work of the entrant.
3. Entries should be "in line" within the thread (not as links to an image held somewhere else)
4. Comments only on entries are welcome within the salon thread itself.
5. After the close the curator will indicate a winner and a couple of runners up.
6. The curators decision is final.
7. Winners should be offered first refusal to choose the next theme and curate the next salon.
8. If the winner is unable to curate the next salon the current curator may offer that "honour" to any willing volunteer, possibly the entrant in second or third place.
9. These rules are to be copied and pasted with the new theme by the curator at the top of the new salon thread with a finish date and time.
10. As with all photos posted on DPNow, copyright remains with the photographer and DPNow will not use them without permission.
11. Don't forget to have FUN