Digital Photography Now - www.dpnow.com  

advertisements

Go Back   DPNow.com Discussion Forum > Image insight > Help and advice for beginners

Help and advice for beginners If you don't classify yourself as being particularly expert or experienced and you have a question or problem that you need help with in the area of improving images, this is the board to get the assistance you seek.

Old 19-01-08
Oh for more time...

Liked at 0 Times in 0 Posts
19ninety is on a distinguished road
Better photos on an overcast day? Advise

Hi,
How can I get better images on a gloomy overcast day like today? A friend has lent me his old Fuji S5000 (same as my 1st camera) for a week or two, sadly since getting the camera its been horrible weather. I'm not too worried about getting a bit wet, but am wondering if theres anyway to counter the featureless low grey clouds and washed out colours should I decide to brave the elements?
Cheers,
Greg
Old 19-01-08
Seriously addicted

Stephen is on a distinguished road
Re: Better photos on an overcast day? Advise

Quote:
Originally Posted by 19ninety View Post
Hi,
How can I get better images on a gloomy overcast day like today? A friend has lent me his old Fuji S5000 (same as my 1st camera) for a week or two, sadly since getting the camera its been horrible weather. I'm not too worried about getting a bit wet, but am wondering if theres anyway to counter the featureless low grey clouds and washed out colours should I decide to brave the elements?
Cheers,
Greg
Don't do landscapes, go more for closeups and interesting detail shots. Adapt to the conditions

Check out my BLOG too

Old 19-01-08
Super Moderator

Liked at 4 Times in 2 Posts
coupekid is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by 19ninety View Post
Hi,
Cheers,
Greg
You could also brave the Photoshop Elements (did you see what I did there ) and tweak the levels to add a little more punch to the shots that appear washed out.
Old 19-01-08
Oh for more time...

19ninety is on a distinguished road

he he, yea I see what you did there! ha ha

well, it stayed rainy here, so I played with some plant images indoors, went to download them from the camera and .......... damn hardrive died on me, so that was my afternoon spoken for reinstaling everything on a spare drive!!

Will post the plant photos once get them off the camera, I think they came out well.