Digital Photography Now - www.dpnow.com  

advertisements

Go Back   DPNow.com Discussion Forum > Image insight > Software solutions

Software solutions Exchange ideas and tips and learn how to make the best use of your image editing software here.

Old 02-07-07

Liked at 0 Times in 0 Posts
webdragon is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to webdragon
Filters & Actions

Hello.

I have Photoshop 7 and Elements 4. The question is can filters and actions be transfered from one to the another ie from elements to photoshop

Ian

FujiFilm FinePix S6500fd (bridge camera)
Old 03-07-07
Seriously addicted

Liked at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Stephen is on a distinguished road
Re: Filters & Actions

Quote:
Originally Posted by webdragon View Post
Hello.

I have Photoshop 7 and Elements 4. The question is can filters and actions be transfered from one to the another ie from elements to photoshop

Ian
I see no reasons why not, so long as the actions are not unique to Elements. Filters though are often usable on different programs.

If you look in Windows Explorer under Program Files then Adobe, you will find the two programs. Look for the Plugins folder and you will see a sub folder for Filters, these can be copied into the same folder in the other program. With Actions, they can be found in the Presets folder under Photoshop Actions and again can be copied into the other programs folder. If not you should be able to import them using the actions palette. I don't know Elements 4 but I'm assuming there is an actions palette or you wouldn't be asking the question

Check out my BLOG too

Old 03-07-07
Admin

Liked at 248 Times in 196 Posts
Ian is on a distinguished road
Re: Filters & Actions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen View Post
I see no reasons why not, so long as the actions are not unique to Elements. Filters though are often usable on different programs.

If you look in Windows Explorer under Program Files then Adobe, you will find the two programs. Look for the Plugins folder and you will see a sub folder for Filters, these can be copied into the same folder in the other program. With Actions, they can be found in the Presets folder under Photoshop Actions and again can be copied into the other programs folder. If not you should be able to import them using the actions palette. I don't know Elements 4 but I'm assuming there is an actions palette or you wouldn't be asking the question
In many ways, Elements 4 is a more advanced program than the 'full' version 7 of Photoshop and so it would be more likely that PS7 actions would work on PSE4 rather than the other way around.

Ian
Flickr: www.flickr.com/photos/dpnow/
Pinterest: www.pinterest.com/ianburley/