Digital Photography Now - www.dpnow.com  

advertisements

Go Back   DPNow.com Discussion Forum > Photo story > Eye of the camera

Eye of the camera Use this board to post your photos and to tell us about the scene you set out to capture. Don't forget that the best place for *critique* in order see how your photography might be improved, technically, remains the Image Insight Photo critique board.

Old 21-08-12

Liked at 0 Times in 0 Posts
malc350 is on a distinguished road
Re: Post your London 2012 Olympics shots here!

Cheers Ian, I'll be at the Paralympics too in the Stadium again. I actually bought tickets to the Paralympics first thinking there was no possibility of getting into the Olympics. However dedicating my life for a week to the ticket search paid off!

Only downside with the FZ150 was the slow response so I anticipated shots a lot, e.g. in the high jump where I'd click the shutter before the moment I actually wanted. I would have achieved more detail and depth to the shots with the 7D but really I was just after record shots of being there.

On the "second visit" shots a 400mm F2.8 would have seperated the pole vaulters from the crowd in the background much better but i don't have that kind of money so had to settle for F5.6 on the 100-400.

Anyway I'm going to another Athletics event on Sunday which will feature a few of team GB, e.g. Mo Farah, Holly Bleasedale and Adam Gemili being named so far.

If I get any decent shots I'll post a thread here. I'm hoping to be well placed for more pole vault shots!

Malc
Old 22-08-12
Admin

Liked at 248 Times in 196 Posts
Ian is on a distinguished road
Re: Post your London 2012 Olympics shots here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by malc350 View Post
Cheers Ian, I'll be at the Paralympics too in the Stadium again. I actually bought tickets to the Paralympics first thinking there was no possibility of getting into the Olympics. However dedicating my life for a week to the ticket search paid off!

Only downside with the FZ150 was the slow response so I anticipated shots a lot, e.g. in the high jump where I'd click the shutter before the moment I actually wanted. I would have achieved more detail and depth to the shots with the 7D but really I was just after record shots of being there.

On the "second visit" shots a 400mm F2.8 would have seperated the pole vaulters from the crowd in the background much better but i don't have that kind of money so had to settle for F5.6 on the 100-400.

Anyway I'm going to another Athletics event on Sunday which will feature a few of team GB, e.g. Mo Farah, Holly Bleasedale and Adam Gemili being named so far.

If I get any decent shots I'll post a thread here. I'm hoping to be well placed for more pole vault shots!

Malc
Thanks Malc, I'll keep an eye out for your Paralympics shots - we will be there on 1st September in the morning session but I can see that we will be wandering around the park for a good while after that.

I think I will bring the Olympus OM-D E-M5 with 75-300 lens (150-600) - sounds enormous but it's impressively small, but I will also bring a couple of wider lenses too.

Ian
Flickr: www.flickr.com/photos/dpnow/
Pinterest: www.pinterest.com/ianburley/