Digital Photography Now - www.dpnow.com  

advertisements

Go Back   DPNow.com Discussion Forum > Welcome > General discussion

General discussion If you aren't sure which forum your post would be best housed in, post it here. Some posts and threads may eventually be moved to other forums.

Old 27-12-12

Liked at 177 Times in 103 Posts
David Morison is on a distinguished road
"2020 Vision" and the environment.

I received this AA book from my Son for Christmas and it is a delight. Loads of stunning wildlife and landscape photos in a high quality hard back form with some important environmental messages. An absolute must for all wildlife photographers and anyone interested in the natural world and the environment. Forward by Chris Packham.

My favourite facts from this book:

"Although peatlands cover only 3 percent of the Earth's surface they store twice as much carbon as all the World's forests put together"

and:

"The loss of just 5% of our peat-land equates to the total annual carbon emissions of the UK"

Think about that and think about the damage we are all doing to our environment when we buy peat-based compost!

Regards

David