Digital Photography Now - www.dpnow.com  

advertisements

Go Back   DPNow.com Discussion Forum > Photo story > Eye of the camera

Eye of the camera Use this board to post your photos and to tell us about the scene you set out to capture. Don't forget that the best place for *critique* in order see how your photography might be improved, technically, remains the Image Insight Photo critique board.

Old 12-04-17

Liked at 50 Times in 38 Posts
Rodbender is on a distinguished road
Eye Eye

Caz (14-04-17)
The Following User likes this post by Rodbender:
mike_j (13-04-17)
Old 16-04-17
Forum veteran

Liked at 250 Times in 181 Posts
Barr1e is on a distinguished road
Re: Eye Eye

I love owls.

I was in the company of one a few years ago. I spotted it some distance away flying over local fields when visiting friends in Norfolk (UK). I was amazed when it flew to within a few feet of me looking for its dinner. I started to chat with it (as one does!) to keep it occupied whilst snapping away. I hadn't noticed day changing to dusk quickly and thus didn't change settings. They looked great in camera but when downloaded mmm - I was not pleased with myself.

It was good looking at yours - thanks.

Regards. Barr1e
Old 17-04-17

Liked at 50 Times in 38 Posts
Rodbender is on a distinguished road
Re: Eye Eye

Thanks Bare1e for commenting on my post. I've had some very lucky encounters with owls. Nearly lost control of a lorry I was driving when one dived at my windscreen in the middle of the night. Kinder takes you by surprise.
This one pictured below tried twice to have my little dog for dinner. It was reported on local radio as being an escapee from somewhere in Norfolk and attacked my dog when I let her out for a last night pee before going to bed. It's a European Eagle Owl. One of the largest owls in the world. It landed on my neighbours roof and I was quite puzzled at the time that it did not care about my taking pictures of it with flash. Then I found out it had escaped and it was obviously used to people and was just looking for a meal.

The one in my first post was in a flying display at Banham Zoo and dive bombed the crowd quite a few times.