Digital Photography Now - www.dpnow.com  

advertisements

Go Back   DPNow.com Discussion Forum > Welcome > Latest DPNow articles

Latest DPNow articles Here is what's featured on the DPNow RSS feed - the most recently published DPNow news and feature articles.

Old 30-08-07
Information

Liked at 8 Times in 7 Posts
DPNow is on a distinguished road
Arrow Panasonic announces New DMC-L10 Digital SLR

The DMC-L10 features an advanced 2.5-inch free angle LCD for full time live view that offers 270 degree rotation and a versatile shooting style. A 10.1-megapixel Live MOS Sensor provides beautiful images with delicate gradation and wide dynamic range.

More...
Old 30-08-07
Seriously addicted

Liked at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Stephen is on a distinguished road
Re: Panasonic announces New DMC-L10 Digital SLR

Seems like a pretty significant event in the 4/3rds world, and it looks like Ian has got a scoop. Have to say if I wanted Liveview it would have to be one like this one

Check out my BLOG too

Old 30-08-07
Forum veteran

Liked at 15 Times in 12 Posts
StuartR is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen View Post
Have to say if I wanted Liveview it would have to be one like this one
Amen to that. In my opinion Canon missed a trick on the new 40D - shame really, they have something similar on some of their compacts so they have the manufacturing experience already.

Maybe next time...

Life is an incurable disease with a 100% mortality rate
Old 30-08-07
Forum veteran

Liked at 3 Times in 2 Posts
DennisP is on a distinguished road

I agree with Stephen here - a significant addition to the 4/3 rds cameras.
I rather like the rotating ,swing out live view screen which I have on my first Digital camera the Canon G2 which I found very useful, also the ability to change the aspect ratios of capture which give the future capability to comply with the 16:9 aspect ratio of HD Tv screens. I might be sorely tempted to trade in my Pentax 10D for one if the price is right.

Last edited by DennisP; 30-08-07 at 08:03 PM.
Old 30-08-07
Forum veteran

Liked at 2 Times in 2 Posts
yoshi is on a distinguished road

I read the news with a surprise. Panasonic Japanese site keeps quiet at the moment. I check one rumor site and no news about this one.
I wonder Leica also introduce their version.
yoshi
Old 31-08-07
Admin

Liked at 189 Times in 152 Posts
Ian is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by yoshi View Post
I read the news with a surprise. Panasonic Japanese site keeps quiet at the moment. I check one rumor site and no news about this one.
I wonder Leica also introduce their version.
yoshi
Hello Yoshi,

I am at Berlin this morning having attended the launch here yesterday afternoon.

We have much more detailed information at our other site: www.fourthirds-user.com

Unfortunately I'm having Internet problems and can't see fourthirds-user.com from my hotel (its server is in the USA while DPNow is hosted here in Germany).

Panasonic is working amazingly hard to establish itself with the Lumix brand despite having been a late entrant into the market - I think they're doing a pretty good job!

Ian
Flickr: www.flickr.com/photos/dpnow/
Pinterest: www.pinterest.com/ianburley/
Old 31-08-07
Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by DennisP View Post
I agree with Stephen here - a significant addition to the 4/3 rds cameras.
I rather like the rotating ,swing out live view screen which I have on my first Digital camera the Canon G2 which I found very useful, also the ability to change the aspect ratios of capture which give the future capability to comply with the 16:9 aspect ratio of HD Tv screens. I might be sorely tempted to trade in my Pentax 10D for one if the price is right.
Hi Dennis - the price has not yet been officially announced here in the UK, but I suspect it will be more expensive than the K10D - at least to start with. Apparently the UK price will be revealed in two weeks time.

My guestimate is 799, but it could be more than that. If it's not, it will be good news.

Ian
Old 31-08-07
Forum veteran

Liked at 2 Times in 2 Posts
yoshi is on a distinguished road

Hi Ian, so you were in Berlin. I learned later they had IFA 2007 in Berlin starting from today. Is it a suitable Messe for a DSLR annoucement? - I understand it's originally for home appliances such as TV's. - or does it imply Panasonic's marketing strategy toward the camera buisiness? Are they going to emphasize the LCD/prasma High Difinition TV as a dslr monitor? - like Sony does for their compact digicams.

Incidentally it looks like that Panasonic announced the new model only in US and UK. So sales would be only in NA and Europe, I guess. No surpirse at all, even if that's the case. We already experienced E-400 last year. Or did they say it was a global introduction?
yoshi
Old 31-08-07
Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by yoshi View Post
Hi Ian, so you were in Berlin. I learned later they had IFA 2007 in Berlin starting from today. Is it a suitable Messe for a DSLR annoucement? - I understand it's originally for home appliances such as TV's. - or does it imply Panasonic's marketing strategy toward the camera buisiness? Are they going to emphasize the LCD/prasma High Difinition TV as a dslr monitor? - like Sony does for their compact digicams.

Incidentally it looks like that Panasonic announced the new model only in US and UK. So sales would be only in NA and Europe, I guess. No surpirse at all, even if that's the case. We already experienced E-400 last year. Or did they say it was a global introduction?
yoshi
I was not aware that there was no launch in Asia - and especially Panasonic's home country of Japan. The problem I think is that all the senior management of Panasonic AVC Networks, of which Lumix is part, were in Berlin or the US (someone said the US launch was in South America?), so maybe a separate launch will be held in Japan later in the year.

The L10 has a wide-screen mode and you can set the camera to capture in high-definition resolution mode for optimal display on a LCD or Plasma HD screen, but unlike at least one Samsung compact model I have seen - there is no HDMI connector.

Ian