Digital Photography Now - www.dpnow.com  

advertisements

Go Back   DPNow.com Discussion Forum > Image insight > Photo critique

Photo critique Here is where you can display your images and seek the comment, advice and, maybe, constructive critique of your work. Only post your images here if you are happy for frank feedback. If in doubt, use the beginners board instead. Only post your comments here if you feel you can make a constructive and polite contribution in response to what is, for some, a leap of faith in exposing their work to your critical comment.

Old 01-07-07
What the £*%&

Liked at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Andrew Thatcher is on a distinguished road
Wedding

Not been taking many photos the past month not had chance to read much on the forum also. Sorry to the winners of the salon for not posting anything for the last few.
Did go to a wedding over the weekend the first since getting my D200. In fact its the first wedding Ive taken a camera too. So tell me what you think of them.

Old 01-07-07
Ancient Geek

Liked at 82 Times in 71 Posts
Pol is on a distinguished road
Re: Wedding

Very nice framing floral and foliage framing for the first one, also nice exposure and lighting concentrated on the happy couple. It would've been nice to have seen a little more of the bride's face but there's nevertheless certainly enough detail of her considering it's a candid by a guest.

Second shot ... another beauty, another nicely exposed candid. I dunno much about these things but I reckon you did a great job with exposing her dress and that of the bridesmaid alongside the contrasting surroundings and background. I can make out the groom's and pageboy's shoes on the path, only just, so that's good too. I might be inclined to crop slightly more fom the bottom step but it's not essential imo.

All-in-all two nice shots of a happy couple on their special day. I'm pretty sure the bride and groom will like them too.

I really enjoyed looking at them - colourful and uplifting sunny smiles in this awful weather.

Pol
Old 01-07-07

Matt Kneale is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Matt Kneale

Really nice I'd love to give some critique but wedding photography really isn't my area of expertise, all I know is they appear nice, especially the second one!

Matt
Old 01-07-07
lumix

Andrew I have to say these are nice photos but there are a few things that need correcting. The first picture I feel needs cropping more off the right side. The couple need to have more space in front of them than behind. I found buy cropping just under the brides hand and closer to her back balanced the image better. I also notice that the grooms suite is grey in the first picture but shows as blue in the second. This I feel is due to colour balance being slightly out in the second image. I agree with Pol the bottom step should be cropped to improve the second picture. I hope I have not come over too hard, it's just my own personal take on the images. Well done all the same it's not an easy task and you have two good shots of a memorable day.
Old 02-07-07

kombizz is on a distinguished road

Your both images of the wedding are nice.
Although in the firsr image, I would prefer to see her face little bit more. Perhaps by changing your position you could get a better composition.

k o m b i z z
Old 02-07-07
What the £*%&

Andrew Thatcher is on a distinguished road

Thanks for your comments everyone. I've reworked them both don't know how the colour shift got past me on the 2nd shot

"I hope I have not come over too hard, it's just my own personal take on the images." Lumix not at all, thats why i put them on critique

Old 02-07-07
lumix

100% better. Now you have two very nice photos. Well Done.
Old 02-07-07
Ancient Geek

Liked at 82 Times in 71 Posts
Pol is on a distinguished road

I agree with lumix!

You have a couple of crackers there, Andrew!

Pol
Old 02-07-07
Happy Snapper

Liked at 68 Times in 50 Posts
Caz is on a distinguished road

Hear hear! Nothing more constructive to add, it's all been said.

Two really good shots - it's amazing what a little crop can do. And someone must have better eyesight than I - I hadn't noticed the difference in the colour of the chap's suit

Also, you've done well to retain the definition on the bride's dress whilst adjusting the colour balance of the rest of the picture. 100% better, IMHO - the people's features are more defined, and the bridesmaid's dress looks much better.

And as for the cheeky little nipper at the front

Caz