Digital Photography Now - www.dpnow.com  

advertisements

Go Back   DPNow.com Discussion Forum > Camera conference > Accessories > Camera tripods, monopods, heads, and other supports

Camera tripods, monopods, heads, and other supports If it holds something up or provides support, please talk about it here.

Old 24-05-11

Liked at 0 Times in 0 Posts
erikvlie is on a distinguished road
Sniper-Strap Pro Steel & bear glide strap review

I have just reviewed the Sniper-Strap Pro Steel & Bear after having walked around with it all day yesterday. It's a glide strap and I was pretty impressed with it.

You can read the entire review here: http://photo.it-enquirer.com/2011/05...per-strap-pro/

Don't know if anyone else uses this type of strap, but I'm going to get a Luma Loop and a "Custom SLR-support C-Loop and Glide Strap" as well, and will write a review on them as well, comparing the three with each other and with my own OpTech.
Old 24-05-11
Admin

Liked at 204 Times in 163 Posts
Ian is on a distinguished road
Re: Sniper-Strap Pro Steel & bear glide strap review

Quote:
Originally Posted by erikvlie View Post
I have just reviewed the Sniper-Strap Pro Steel & Bear after having walked around with it all day yesterday. It's a glide strap and I was pretty impressed with it.

You can read the entire review here: http://photo.it-enquirer.com/2011/05...per-strap-pro/

Don't know if anyone else uses this type of strap, but I'm going to get a Luma Loop and a "Custom SLR-support C-Loop and Glide Strap" as well, and will write a review on them as well, comparing the three with each other and with my own OpTech.
I have almost always simply used the supplied straps with all my cameras. I really ought to investigate these enhanced straps

Ian
Flickr: www.flickr.com/photos/dpnow/
Pinterest: www.pinterest.com/ianburley/
Old 24-05-11

Liked at 0 Times in 0 Posts
erikvlie is on a distinguished road
Re: Sniper-Strap Pro Steel & bear glide strap review

I found my Sony straps to literally cut into my flesh, especially so when carrying the complete thing: the body + the vertical grip with 2 batteries + the Zeiss lens. That makes up for about 3.8 kilos.

The Hasselblad I had the pleasure of playing with a couple of years ago weighed in at 5 kilos. I wouldn't like to carry that thing around all day without some way of distributing the weight. But it might be my posture --I'm a VSP, a very skinny person .