Digital Photography Now - www.dpnow.com  

advertisements

Go Back   DPNow.com Discussion Forum > Welcome > Headline news

Headline news Comment on DPNow news stories or even alert us to breaking news we haven't yet spotted.

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 01-05-14
Information

Liked at 8 Times in 7 Posts
DPNow is on a distinguished road
Arrow Sony reveals Alpha SLT A77II

Here is a summary or excerpt from an article that has just been published on DPNow:

Always in focus: new a77 II keeps shots razor-sharp with record-breaking 79-point autofocus system

• New A-mount camera with world’s highest phase-detection AF point count[i] - 79 points[ii] with 15 cross points
• Translucent Mirror Technology delivers ultra-fast, intelligent AF tracking and up to 12 fps burst of up to 60 full-resolution frames[iii]
• 24.3 megapixel[iv] Exmor™ CMOS image sensor delivers wide ISO 100-25600 sensitivity range
• XGA OLED Tru-Finder™ and 3-way tiltable LCD
• Tough magnesium body with dust- and moisture-resistant seals
• BIONZ X™ processor for pro-quality images and Full HD 50p video
• NFC/Wi-Fi for One-touch sharing and remote control by mobile

Click here to read the whole article...
Old 02-05-14
Admin

Liked at 166 Times in 133 Posts
Ian is on a distinguished road
Re: Sony reveals Alpha SLT A77II

We don't have many Sony Alpha (or former Konica/Minolta) users here do we? One of my earliest SLRs was a Minolta SRT-101 (yes, it had open aperture metering ) and later on I had an XE-1, which was a product of joint development between Minolta and Leica.

I've used the predecessor of the Alpha 77II and I liked it very much. On paper the new version has some welcome improvements to the AF system and it promises to be a very attractive camera for action photography. However, it's clear that Sony failed in its goal to break into the top-2 by splitting Nikon and Canon at the top of the DSLR stakes and mirrored reflex cameras (the Alpha 77II has a fixed translucent mirror so its not the same as typical DSLRs) are facing big sales pressure from mirrorless system cameras, including Sony's own mirrorless offerings, so does the Alpha SLT system have much of a future?

Ian
Flickr: www.flickr.com/photos/dpnow/
Pinterest: www.pinterest.com/ianburley/