Digital Photography Now - www.dpnow.com  

advertisements

Go Back   DPNow.com Discussion Forum > Image insight > Help and advice for beginners

Help and advice for beginners If you don't classify yourself as being particularly expert or experienced and you have a question or problem that you need help with in the area of improving images, this is the board to get the assistance you seek.

Old 12-02-07
Mr Iceman

Liked at 21 Times in 16 Posts
ash is on a distinguished road
Image Signature

Hi, if anybody knows how to add a signature to an image in cs2, it would be much appreciated, or if this cant be done then a program that will do it easily, and for free.
I have found the watermark feature in cs2 but from what i can tell requires registration and payment.
cheers
Ash.
Old 13-02-07
Seriously addicted

Liked at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Stephen is on a distinguished road
Re: Image Signature

Quote:
Originally Posted by ash View Post
Hi, if anybody knows how to add a signature to an image in cs2, it would be much appreciated, or if this cant be done then a program that will do it easily, and for free.
I have found the watermark feature in cs2 but from what i can tell requires registration and payment.
cheers
Ash.
Ash, the feature you refer to doesn't really do what you want. What you need is the text tool. Type onto your image whatever you want. This causes a text layer, which you can adjust in the layers palette for opacity etc. Or if you click on the icon in the layers palette for Add a layer style there are all sorts of effects. You can move the text around to position it, then flatten layers before saving. Thats it in a nutshell. It is also possible to create a separate PSD file with your sig ready prepared which you can drag onto your image, this saves time if you do it regularly.

Check out my BLOG too

Old 13-02-07
Mr Iceman

Thankyou so much, I ow you pint
Old 13-02-07
traveler

JonMikal is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen View Post
Ash, the feature you refer to doesn't really do what you want. What you need is the text tool. Type onto your image whatever you want. This causes a text layer, which you can adjust in the layers palette for opacity etc. Or if you click on the icon in the layers palette for Add a layer style there are all sorts of effects. You can move the text around to position it, then flatten layers before saving. Thats it in a nutshell. It is also possible to create a separate PSD file with your sig ready prepared which you can drag onto your image, this saves time if you do it regularly.

or you could do this by creating a 'brush'. once created, you simply call up the brush tool and stamp your image anywhere you like.
Old 13-02-07
Super Moderator

Liked at 4 Times in 2 Posts
coupekid is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Thankyou so much, I ow you pint
Then record what your doing as an action.........it will save messing about next time...and the time after that....and after that.......
Old 13-02-07
Mr Iceman

sorry chaps im still not getting how I save just the little bit of text that I type onto the image, to recall later to put on another image.

If you just go through it step by step you can have one of my choc chip cookie's I have just opened best be quick though there going fast!!
Old 13-02-07
Seriously addicted

Quote:
sorry chaps im still not getting how I save just the little bit of text that I type onto the image, to recall later to put on another image.

If you just go through it step by step you can have one of my choc chip cookie's I have just opened best be quick though there going fast!!
Ok here ya go...
File > New create a file roughly 250x50 pixels, I leave the background transparent but white will do.
Type your sig + copyright logo (Alt + 0169 on num keypad)
Position within the frame till you are happy, and apply any blending options using the icon at bottom of layers palette. You may need to alter opacity and fill also
Finally save as a PSD file which will retain the text layer.

Everytime you want to apply it, (this size is for a web image and may beed alteration) just use the Move tool to drag the text layer across to your image and reposition. Sorted

This is only a basic method, there are variations. The Brush method is OK but more problematical in my opinion

Check out my BLOG too

Old 13-02-07
Mr Iceman

fantastico , I couldn't get the copyright logo to work though, it does'nt seem to do anything, do you mean hold alt, then type in the number, or press all the buttons at the same time?
Anyway that was just a bonus Im not to bothered if I cant get that working.
thanks for your help
Ash.
Old 13-02-07
Seriously addicted

Quote:
fantastico , I couldn't get the copyright logo to work though, it does'nt seem to do anything, do you mean hold alt, then type in the number, or press all the buttons at the same time?
Anyway that was just a bonus Im not to bothered if I cant get that working.
thanks for your help
Ash.
Keep your finger on Alt then type the number using the numerical keypad. Doesn't work with all fonts though

Check out my BLOG too

Old 13-02-07
Super Moderator

Liked at 4 Times in 2 Posts
coupekid is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen View Post
Ok here ya go...
File > New create a file roughly 250x50 pixels, I leave the background transparent but white will do.
Position within the frame till you are happy, and apply any blending options using the icon at bottom of layers palette. You may need to alter opacity and fill also
Finally save as a PSD file which will retain the text layer.

Everytime you want to apply it, (this size is for a web image and may beed alteration) just use the Move tool to drag the text layer across to your image and reposition. Sorted

This is only a basic method, there are variations. The Brush method is OK but more problematical in my opinion
Alternatively.......

Open a new Photo
Unlock layer
Click on 'new set' (call it Signitures for example)
Click on 'new action' (call it Ash Signiture for example)
Click Record
Click stop.

Now every time you bring in a photograph, you can just click on the action....then change the font, size and position which suites each picture.

(my way is easier )