Digital Photography Now - www.dpnow.com  

advertisements

Go Back   DPNow.com Discussion Forum > Forget about photography > Did you hear about...

Did you hear about... Talk about (almost) anything, within reason and it can - even should - be about something not directly related to photography.

Old 11-01-17

Liked at 2 Times in 2 Posts
Galantis is on a distinguished road
Another Trump Scandal, or is it?

Hey!

I don't know if anyone has heard abot the latest scandal surrounding the ever-controversial President Elect Trump.

Yesterday news broke that Russia might have dirt on Trump, and therefore have been using it to press Trump. However, today another news-story broke that this entire story is just one big joke from the infamous forum 4-chan.

Now noone knows what to think, who is right, and who is wrong. And maybe that is not even the point anylonger. This showcase an extreme side, and a flaw with our current news-based society where a story can go viral and become the 'truth' no matter if its correct or not.

Any thoughts on this?
Old 11-01-17

Liked at 133 Times in 95 Posts
mike_j is on a distinguished road
Re: Another Trump Scandal, or is it?

I doubt if any senior politician has lived a life of total rectitude and propriety from student days to prominence. I'm sure Trump hasn't.

I'm not sure that I would want to be represented a a virtual saint anyway. Let's accept politicians are basically like us, just a bit worse because they have more opportunity to stray.

That's not an endorsement for Trump by the way.
Old 19-01-17

Liked at 2 Times in 2 Posts
Galantis is on a distinguished road
Re: Another Trump Scandal, or is it?

First off all, of course politicians are like the rest of us. We are all human beings.

But more importantly, I think you missed the point of the thread. I am theorizing that we've come to a place in our society where facts no longer is more important than feelings.

Our news-media knows that and are adapting to that by publishing stories that don't necessarily have to be true. What's important is if we, the consumers, believe it to be true or not.