Digital Photography Now - www.dpnow.com  

advertisements

Go Back   DPNow.com Discussion Forum > Welcome > Digital photography problem solving centre

Digital photography problem solving centre Got a problem that needs solving? Camera, lens, software, computer, accessory, technique, etc. Post it here and we'll do our best to find an answer for you! As long as it is related to photography some how, we're interested!

Old 21-03-16

Liked 3 Times in 1 Post
ipri is on a distinguished road
? photo recovery?

I have had a Trojan infection. All photos went ( a nice man said if I paid him money..he would undo his work!)...I managed to get rid of the Trojan...+ many1000s of dodgy files. Then restored stuff from my ext HDrive. Most are fine, but a 100 or so still only show as photogallery icons...these wont open..although the property tab shows that the files are occupying 20 or so MB of space...suggesting the file is lurking somewhere.
Some of the files on the backup drive don't seem to be there....It's possible I have deleted some on purpose from my pc and have forgotten...any help please....thanks.
Old 22-07-17

Liked at 0 Times in 0 Posts
selenajain is on a distinguished road
Re: ? photo recovery?

Though I have heard, its not completely possible to restore the deleted files still you can give a try. Check out this software, hope it helps https://www.easeus.com/data-recovery...o-recovery.htm
Old 22-07-17

Liked at 127 Times in 90 Posts
Rodbender is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by ipri View Post
I have had a Trojan infection. All photos went ( a nice man said if I paid him money..he would undo his work!)...I managed to get rid of the Trojan...+ many1000s of dodgy files. Then restored stuff from my ext HDrive. Most are fine, but a 100 or so still only show as photogallery icons...these wont open..although the property tab shows that the files are occupying 20 or so MB of space...suggesting the file is lurking somewhere.
Some of the files on the backup drive don't seem to be there....It's possible I have deleted some on purpose from my pc and have forgotten...any help please....thanks.
There are plenty of recovery programmes out there for free. Which ever you choose do take care not to store the recovered files on to the same drive as you are recovering files from, as this will over wright the very files you are trying to recover. I always recover to a USB drive or external hard drive. Also try recovering with more than one programme as some work better than others. Good luck, I hope it works out ok for you.
Old 24-07-17

Liked at 0 Times in 0 Posts
linda09 is on a distinguished road

Hi @ipri.

Agh that sounds infuriating. Can't believe he offered to undo his work if you paid him. Scandalous!
I feel your pain however - I recently got hit with some vicious malware and it took a large part of my work. I hope you're luckier than I was!
To prevent it now, I've looked into tonnes of antivirus comparisons like this one and have now promised myself never to let my guard down again!
My new take on it all is: if trojans, viruses and scams get stronger and more advanced, then I shall too!