Digital Photography Now - www.dpnow.com  

advertisements

Go Back   DPNow.com Discussion Forum > Photo story > Eye of the camera

Eye of the camera Use this board to post your photos and to tell us about the scene you set out to capture. Don't forget that the best place for *critique* in order see how your photography might be improved, technically, remains the Image Insight Photo critique board.

Old 31-03-19
Happy Snapper

Liked at 185 Times in 122 Posts
Caz is on a distinguished road
EOS-R test

I haven't had much chance to get out with the new camera since buying it at the Photography Show due to a bad RSI flare up. Everything - computer, camera, could only use phone with left hand - had to go on hold for a few days.

I did take it out with me on my lunchtime walks this past week and was fairly impressed:

2019-03-25_HolyCross-Byfield_web-0102 by Carol, on Flickr

Edgcote pond, spring by Carol, on Flickr

Blackbird Hill sunset by Carol, on Flickr

The first full test was yesterday when I was shooting a full day music festival in Reading. I'm still to download the images, but tried out the Canon Camera Connect app for the first time yesterday, one shot from each band which was then edited in Snapseed (must find a way of adding the company logo) and posted straight to social media throughout the day.

I've put those images in a flickr album, (link here: https://www.flickr.com/gp/carolpgh/i28KD3)) and although I wouldn't necessarily have chosen some of these, they were the easiest to edit on the fly.
Old 31-03-19

Liked at 407 Times in 289 Posts
Garry is on a distinguished road
Re: EOS-R test

The EOS-R looks a very capable camera, Caz. Hope you enjoy it.

The photos look good. Nicely focused and natural looking colour, although I realise that may be post processing.

Looked at your flickr shots of Crazy Cowboy wi-fi photos. I liked them. Looks like the camera copes with low light well.

Last edited by Garry; 31-03-19 at 09:17 PM. Reason: typo
The Following User Says Thank You to Garry For This Useful Post:
Caz (31-03-19)
Old 31-03-19
Happy Snapper

Liked at 185 Times in 122 Posts
Caz is on a distinguished road

Thanksd Garry - much appreciated. The stained glass and the pond had very minimal processing, the sunset sheep somewhat more - shadows lifted in the foreground, highlights darkened and sky dehazed on the sunset to make it more like I saw at the time.

The music pics were limited to what I could do in Snapseed - I didn't want to do too much because you can be left with noisy photos which don't show until they're seen full size. As it is, despite turning off Auto ISO I kept finding that it was creeping up far higher than I wanted: with my 5dmk3 I know that anything much over iso8000 is useless, but knew the R (which has the 5d4 processor) could go higher. I think I need to start using that M-FN bar at the back to control iso - I have several that were at iso 25600 and shot up to iso32000. It's actually not bad, but not sure whether I'll use it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garry View Post
The EOS-R looks a very capable camera, Caz. Hope you enjoy it.

The photos look good. Nicely focused and natural looking colour, although I realise that may be post processing.

Looked at your flickr shots of Crazy Cowboy wi-fi photos. I led them. Looks like the camera copes with low light well.
Old 31-03-19
Forum veteran

Liked at 667 Times in 446 Posts
Barr1e is on a distinguished road

Pleased to see these Caz, especially HolyCross - I really enjoy stained glass - the other two are very decent too. I'm sure your new camera is going to produce impressive work.

Thanks for showing them.

The Following User Says Thank You to Barr1e For This Useful Post:
Caz (01-04-19)
The Following User likes this post by Barr1e:
Caz (01-04-19)