Digital Photography Now - www.dpnow.com  

advertisements

Go Back   DPNow.com Discussion Forum > Welcome > General discussion

General discussion If you aren't sure which forum your post would be best housed in, post it here. Some posts and threads may eventually be moved to other forums.

Old 17-03-19
Forum veteran

Liked at 667 Times in 446 Posts
Barr1e is on a distinguished road
Photography Show 2019

This is the first year Anne and I haven't visited the show - so turned to YouTube to look for any updates to tuck in the knowledge base.

If there are more interesting ones over the next couple of days I'll post the link/s.

The Following User likes this post by Barr1e:
Caz (18-03-19)
Old 18-03-19
Happy Snapper

Liked at 185 Times in 122 Posts
Caz is on a distinguished road
Re: Photography Show 2019

I'm going later today...
Old 18-03-19
Forum veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caz View Post
I'm going later today...
Hi Caz -

Enjoy your day it should be fun especially if you open your money bag!

I know Ian will be around for a couple of hours before and after midday on the Olympus stand doing a podcast with members from his sister site xxx.e-group.uk.net.

I miss not going this year however 2020 is another time to catch up with what's around.

Caz (19-03-19)
Old 18-03-19

Liked at 407 Times in 289 Posts
Garry is on a distinguished road

Thanks for the video, Barr1e.

I have never been. But it would almost be worth the trip, just to see Lara Jade on the Canon stand !
Old 19-03-19
Happy Snapper

Liked at 185 Times in 122 Posts
Caz is on a distinguished road

I was already shattered before I got there - I was shooting a gig and videoing interviews on Sunday afternoon/evening and by the time I'd got them downloaded/uploaded it was 1.30 a.m., then an early start for the train!

Unfortunately didn't get a chance to log on here yesterday morning before leaving, and the site doesn't work too well on my ancient phone!

The idea was to go and have a play with a couple of cameras I was interested in - both Canon, the 5d4 or the 6d2.

Having been one of the first to buy the original Canon mirrorless (the EOS-M1, which I still use a lot) I'd previously had a quick look at the M5 but wasn't that impressed.

Then I had a play with new EOS-R, and the chap on the Canon stand shoots the same things as me - weddings and music so he had an enthusiastic audience, particularly when I found out about the double cashback.

I went, I saw, I bought... Feeling somewhat poor and the new menus are going to be a bit of a learning curve, but I'm looking forward to it.

I did keep an eye out for Ian, but didn't see anyone I knew all day (until I got on the train home) which is most unusual.

I went to a couple of talks - High Volume Headshots, very interesting talk but the poor woman's tethering wouldn't work. I know that feeling, it's happened to me a couple of times!

The macro handheld focus stacking talk was good too, although I didn't last for all of it - I couldn't get a seat and by that time the feet and legs had really had enough.

I was invited to join a women's group promoting women in photography: SheClicks. Funnily enough, what we were discussing happened again today: my partner interviews the bands, I take the pictures and video the interviews. I got a message from the media company today: "his videos" have been posted. It's normal... I can shoot a wedding, be wearing a double harness and still people go and ask the assistant (my partner). And don't even ask about buying a new car... he doesn't even drive, but they'll still talk to me. So nowadays I always look at a camera/car/whatever on my own first!

Final talk I went to was by the first man to shoot a wedding on the R. Very interesting: he shot it on the day the camera was released, so wasn't allowed to see it until a few hours before the wedding!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barr1e View Post
Hi Caz -

Enjoy your day it should be fun especially if you open your money bag!

I know Ian will be around for a couple of hours before and after midday on the Olympus stand doing a podcast with members from his sister site xxx.e-group.uk.net.

I miss not going this year however 2020 is another time to catch up with what's around.

Garry (19-03-19)
The Following User likes this post by Caz:
Barr1e (20-03-19)
Old 20-03-19
Forum veteran

Hi Caz -

I think you covered much ground on your visit to the Photography Show 2019.
With your recent engagements you both must have returned to base exhausted.

Pleased you found a camera which I hope you enjoy once you have been around the menus - have fun with that. I'm hopeful it suits the range you cover with your photography and enhances the images over the previous cameras you shoot with.

Thanks for a comprehensive review of what you saw and heard.

B
Caz (21-03-19)
Old 22-03-19
Admin

Liked at 248 Times in 196 Posts
Ian is on a distinguished road

I was there on Saturday and Monday morning. I recorded some of the e-group members with Mark Thackara from Olympus which I will be publishing shortly as podcast

We're already planning for next yeat (14-17th March) - I'd be glad to plan something for DPNow members as well!

Ian
Flickr: www.flickr.com/photos/dpnow/
Pinterest: www.pinterest.com/ianburley/