Digital Photography Now - www.dpnow.com  

advertisements

Go Back   DPNow.com Discussion Forum > Welcome > General discussion

General discussion If you aren't sure which forum your post would be best housed in, post it here. Some posts and threads may eventually be moved to other forums.

Old 25-03-10
Forum veteran

Liked 2 Times in 1 Post
Patrick is on a distinguished road
Re: iMac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen View Post
Finder is the equivalent of Windows Explorer and is obviously useful for organising and finding stuff. System Preferences is much the same as Control Panel. You will have Safari as standard, I think its a pretty good browser, but I use Firefox on the iMac, Safari on the MBP. Program icons can simply be dragged on and off the Dock at the bottom of the screen. You will find all progs in the Applications folder in Finder. All progs come as DMG files rather than EXE files. All pretty basic and easy stuff really
Hi

Spent an evening loading programs to the new iMac, simple just downloaded the Mac versions and used the same license codes including Lightroom.
All except CS4 what a game that was, it took 4 phone calls to get someone sensible enough to do what was necessary, even then it was painfully slow.
Firstly the windows serial is no good for the Mac a new one has to be given. It seems to me unnecessary but OK thats the policy. I originally purchased as a download from Adobe and they emailed me the serial, I thought they could simply do that again but no, we are compelled to have a disk at the cost postage only, 6.00 this will take up to 10 days.

That I wouldn't have minded but I had to speak to 4 different advisors on 4 different calls before getting some who knew how to do it, a total of 2 hours for something so simple. They asked for my details not just the once which I would expect for confirmation, but I was asked over, over and over again even though they should be on their system.

Mac were just the opposite when I had a query, clearly and quickly dealt with by someone (in the US) that understood what customer service is really all about.

Patrick
Old 25-03-10
M.Photog.MEI.Cr.

Liked at 0 Times in 0 Posts
kennykodak is on a distinguished road
Re: iMac

i have four macs in my studio. when i teach photoshop at the university it is on pc's. it's bad enough to be left handed but to also think backwards...