Digital Photography Now - www.dpnow.com  

advertisements

Go Back   DPNow.com Discussion Forum > Image insight > Software solutions > Photoshop permutations

Photoshop permutations Adobe Photoshop comes in a variety of versions and guises and is the most popular family of photo editing packages. Seeking help or happy to provide advice on Photoshop use? Then this is the place for you.

Old 21-06-07
Admin

Liked at 248 Times in 196 Posts
Ian is on a distinguished road
Adobe CS3 installation problems

Be warned - if you installed some try-out or beta release versions of Photoshop CS3 prior to the release of the final CS3 version, you may encounter problems when trying to install CS3.

It seems that the previous CS3 installation is not fully uninstalled and this prevents the new installation - even, in some case from starting.

Has anyone here experienced this problem?

Ian
Flickr: www.flickr.com/photos/dpnow/
Pinterest: www.pinterest.com/ianburley/
Old 21-06-07
Forum veteran

Liked at 18 Times in 12 Posts
rogleale is on a distinguished road
Re: Adobe CS3 installation problems

I didn't have any problem Ian, fortunately I had seen mention of the problem on the Adobe News site. If you are still having problems there is a removal script available from HERE together with a very comprehensive tech notice about installing CS3.

Hope that helps!

Roger
Old 21-06-07
Forum veteran

Liked 2 Times in 1 Post
Patrick is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian View Post
Be warned - if you installed some try-out or beta release versions of Photoshop CS3 prior to the release of the final CS3 version, you may encounter problems when trying to install CS3.

It seems that the previous CS3 installation is not fully uninstalled and this prevents the new installation - even, in some case from starting.

Ian
Yes I did, tried cleaning out with Ccleaner and Regedit nothing worked, It was about then the new computer arrived so I had a clean start, works fine now.

Patrick
Old 21-06-07
Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
Yes I did, tried cleaning out with Ccleaner and Regedit nothing worked, It was about then the new computer arrived so I had a clean start, works fine now.

Patrick
Yup - I'm having this problem with my laptop right now. I've followed Adobe's advice, including running their cleaner script, to the letter and it still won't run the CS3 installer.

I've now uninstalled CS2, but if that doesn't help it looks like a long session on the phone to Adobe customer support tomorrow

Ian
Old 22-06-07
Admin

Quote:
Yup - I'm having this problem with my laptop right now. I've followed Adobe's advice, including running their cleaner script, to the letter and it still won't run the CS3 installer.

I've now uninstalled CS2, but if that doesn't help it looks like a long session on the phone to Adobe customer support tomorrow

Ian
I got through to Adobe technical support gratifyingly quickly, but my glee didn't last long. I was asked to attempt the installation using a new administrator account. As this worked, they wiped their hands clean of the problem, blaming the original user account as being corrupt.

I promptly installed Lightroom using the so-called corrupt account without any problems at all.

So I've bounced this back to them - I'll keep you posted.

Ian
Old 22-06-07
Admin

Quote:
I got through to Adobe technical support gratifyingly quickly, but my glee didn't last long. I was asked to attempt the installation using a new administrator account. As this worked, they wiped their hands clean of the problem, blaming the original user account as being corrupt.

I promptly installed Lightroom using the so-called corrupt account without any problems at all.

So I've bounced this back to them - I'll keep you posted.

Ian
It's all gone quiet at Adobe

I cant wait for Adobe to deliberate, so reluctantly, I'm doing a clean reinstall of Vista on my laptop.

So be warned, if you have previously run a beta of Photoshop CS3, installing the real thing just might give you a headache.

Ian
Old 24-06-07
Forum veteran

Liked 2 Times in 1 Post
Patrick is on a distinguished road

Quote:

Ian

Hi Ian

Interesting thing today or rather last night.

I was installed CS3 on the lap top, as I had bought by down load I store it in a folder where the beta copy was, and inadvertently installed the beta
Uninstalled and had the problem you report when installing again.
As I have made the machine duel system I shut down to reboot in XP to do something else. The system unasked did a disk check before booting, clearing what seemed like hundreds of files.

I had a thought returned to Vista and installed CS3 without problem.

So Ian do a disk check and see what happens it might work for you.

Patrick
Old 24-06-07
Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
Hi Ian

Interesting thing today or rather last night.

I was installed CS3 on the lap top, as I had bought by down load I store it in a folder where the beta copy was, and inadvertently installed the beta
Uninstalled and had the problem you report when installing again.
As I have made the machine duel system I shut down to reboot in XP to do something else. The system unasked did a disk check before booting, clearing what seemed like hundreds of files.

I had a thought returned to Vista and installed CS3 without problem.

So Ian do a disk check and see what happens it might work for you.

Patrick
Hmmmm... I did a fair bit of hacking the OS without success and decided that the only option, in the absence of any help from Adobe, was to do a clean install of Vista.

This has, inbetween doing other things this weekend, taken me 24 hours. And interestingly - relating to your other post - I have hit a problem with some of my data restoration...

I am using Acronis True Image 10 and my 4GB Outlook archive PST file won't copy back. I can rebuild this from other backups, but it is annoying.

But at least CS3 now works

Ian