Canon 7D: Some featrues are to be updated free of charge around the early Aug. It will become available at Canon officail sites.
1) more fps: from aprox.15 to approx. 25 fps (RAW) and from aprox.6 to aprox. 17 fps (RAW+JPEG (Large/Fine))
2) GPS receiver GP-E2 can now be used on 7D as well. However, via cable connection only and elec. compass feature and GPS time syncro. feature cannot be used on 7D.
3) ISO Auto mode: the uppermost ISO can now be set manually within the range ISO 400-6400.
4) camera RAW: becomes possible. white balance, distortion and colour abberation adjustments etc. can be done in camera.
5) Quick botton features: 7 kinds of info are shown at left end of the monitor screen, when you push "Q" botton while reviewing. You can adjust them while actually reviewing the photo. They are such as file protect, turn right/left, highlight alarm, AF frame etc.
6) Rating : for each shot, you can add your evaluation. [off/1 star, 2 stars, 3 stars, 4 stars and 5 stars] Reviewing or slide show can be performed for each evaluation grade.
7) Resizing of JPEG shots: JPEG (Large/Middle) can be resized in camera. Resized photos are saved with different file names.
8 ) Sound level adjustment: When in movie mode, the recording sound level can be adjusted manually 64 steps. (in addition to Auto mode)
9) File name - more freedom: "The first 4 letters" or "the first 3 letters plus file size" can be set up freely.
10) Time zone auto adjustment: Combined with GPS receiver GP-E2, the time and location information are accurately recorded whereever you are.
11) screen scroll speed improvement: When a photo is zoomed in for focus checking etc., the photo scroll speed becomes faster.
Although I am a user of 7D, there are so many features that I donot use myself, so I'm not necessarily familiar with what they say.
p.s. It's July 1st and not April 1st.