What a pleasant and unexpected thrill to have my photo selected in competition #125. Thank you Caz! There were some extraordinary images submitted.
The subject of the next salon is a tough decision. So many great themes have been run already. My wife suggested shots of monuments. I really like actions shots, especially sports, but I wanted to do something a little different. For inspiration, I looked at some shots I took recently of a family reunion in South Carolina. I was standing on the balcony of our beach house when I got this candid shot of my younger brother and his wife standing on the beach at high tide. They've been married over thirty years but the spark is still there. With that shot as my inspiration I invite you to submit your photos of LOVE.
This Salon will end at Midnight on the 20th of July, 2012.
The rules, as usual:
1. All photographs are to be uploaded to the photo gallery at http://dpnow.com/galleries/
They can be put in members own gallery if they wish. The resulting link generated for the photo will then be pasted into the next available space in the salon tread. Please keep photos to a maximum of 800 pixel wide so people can see the whole image without scrolling.
2. One entry per user ID only please, which must be the personal work of the entrant.
3. Entries should be "in line" within the thread (not as a links to an image held somewhere else).
4. Comments only on entries are welcome within the salon thread itself.
5. After the close the curator will indicate a winner and a couple of runners up.
6. The curators decision is final.
7. Winners should be offered first refusal to choose the next theme and curate the next salon.
8. If the winner is unable to curate the next salon the current curator may offer that "honour" to any willing volunteer, possibly the entrant in second or third place.
9. These rules are to be copied and pasted with the new theme by the curator at the top of the new salon thread with a finish date and time.
10. As with all photos posted on DPNow, copyright remains with the photographer and DPNow will not use them without permission.