Digital Photography Now - www.dpnow.com  

advertisements

Go Back   DPNow.com Discussion Forum > Welcome > Headline news > PMA Show spotlight

PMA Show spotlight This is where you will find all the latest news from the annual PMA photo trade show. Discuss the lates cameras, lenses, software and services from PMA.

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 04-02-08
Information

Liked at 8 Times in 7 Posts
DPNow is on a distinguished road
Arrow PMA 2008: New quick-access bags from Lowepro

Here is a summary or excerpt from an article that has just been published on DPNow:

Lowepro continues to demonstrate innovation in its camera bag designs and we found out why with the new Flipside and Fastpack backpack ranges demonstrated to us on the Lowepro booth at PMA 2008.

More...
Old 04-02-08
Seriously addicted

Liked at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Stephen is on a distinguished road
Re: PMA 2008: New quick-access bags from Lowepro

Quote:
Originally Posted by DPNow View Post
Here is a summary or excerpt from an article that has just been published on DPNow:

Lowepro continues to demonstrate innovation in its camera bag designs and we found out why with the new Flipside and Fastpack backpack ranges demonstrated to us on the Lowepro booth at PMA 2008.

More...
Its good to see Lowepro offering innovative designs for camera bags. I have used a Slingshot AW200 for a while now, but recently upgraded to the AW300. It is much better in terms of internal space. I can easily get my camera with 24-70 lens on, a 70-200, a 100-400 and a 17-40 plus a 1.4x extender in the bag. Not to mention a spare battery, a Flashgun (2 at a stretch) plus memory cards lens brush a few other bits and pieces.

The trouble with this of course is that it weighs a ton God help me if I had one that held a laptop as well.

I cannot speak too highly of this style of bag that allows access without taking it off. I have used standard backpacks and its most frustrating when you want to change a lens etc., but have to take the bag off. I tended to take it off, put it down, take the shots then on occasion forget to pick up the bag again.

Anyway, its a pity I didn't know about these new offerings before I bought the Slingshot AW300, as it would have offered me an alternative perhaps. The only problem I have with it is that there is no mens of fastening a tripod or monopod on the outside.

Check out my BLOG too

Old 05-02-08
Admin

Liked at 187 Times in 150 Posts
Ian is on a distinguished road
Re: The Flipside range have tripod holders

But the larger FastPack bags don't seem to feature tripod holders - as you observed, which is a bit surprising.

Ian
Flickr: www.flickr.com/photos/dpnow/
Pinterest: www.pinterest.com/ianburley/
Old 06-02-08
Mr Iceman

Liked at 21 Times in 16 Posts
ash is on a distinguished road

I have also used the slingshot and love it for the reasons you describe stephen, I have the 100 version which is nice and small and light and holds a body and 2 fair size lenses among other bits and bobs. The thing what sold it for me was the fact you did not have to take the bag off for access.
Unless I was going trekking round the world, I would not consider the bigger versions, as you just end up filling it with stuff you dont use, I tend to take what I no I will need for the day's shoot and thats it, you have to be ruthless!

It will be interesting to see these new styles at focus, but it will have to be an exceptional bag for it to take over my aw100!
Old 06-02-08
Admin

Liked at 187 Times in 150 Posts
Ian is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by ash View Post
I have also used the slingshot and love it for the reasons you describe stephen, I have the 100 version which is nice and small and light and holds a body and 2 fair size lenses among other bits and bobs. The thing what sold it for me was the fact you did not have to take the bag off for access.
Unless I was going trekking round the world, I would not consider the bigger versions, as you just end up filling it with stuff you dont use, I tend to take what I no I will need for the day's shoot and thats it, you have to be ruthless!

It will be interesting to see these new styles at focus, but it will have to be an exceptional bag for it to take over my aw100!
I require room for my laptop (though it's a relatively small one with a 12 inch screen) so the Slingshots aren't for me. They smaller one also seems to be thinly padded, which is a concern?

Ian
Flickr: www.flickr.com/photos/dpnow/
Pinterest: www.pinterest.com/ianburley/
Old 24-02-08

Liked at 89 Times in 69 Posts
Kurt is on a distinguished road
Christmas Re: PMA 2008: New quick-access bags from Lowepro

I am off to Focus on Tuesday, has anyone noticed any startling offers for the new Lowepro bag?