View Single Post
Old 26-05-11
Admin

Liked at 248 Times in 196 Posts
Ian is on a distinguished road
Re: Ship being towed to mooring place

Quote:
Originally Posted by ash View Post
Hi there, its important to realise that you will gain more from negative critisism than positive, you may not like it but trust me I no it will make you better.
My first impression is that its been taken by a webcam on the mouth of a port somewhere, so not good really.
Next time post a little bigger so we can see some detail, lovely sky but the ships themselves are not that great, maybe your cam has a setting for increasing dynamic range which will bring out the shadows. You can fix this on the computer but will downgrade the quality of the picture.
If your camera allow's try and set it for grid display in the viewfinder, it will help you position subjects in your frame, ie, your ships are a bit central in the frame, look up rule of thirds in google.
Last thing, don't be scared to switch your cam to b&w mode and see what results you get, you will be amazed how different a frame looks.
Good look and I wan't to see some more pic's from you soon, don't dissapoint me Ive put some time into this post when I should be preparing for an event
Have fun

Ash.
There is a larger version in the gallery but it's too large for Web display - 1600 pixels wide. I recommend 800-900 pixels wide for landscape and 700-800 pixels high for vertical format shots. You can get away with going wider for panoramas though.

Ian
Flickr: www.flickr.com/photos/dpnow/
Pinterest: www.pinterest.com/ianburley/