View Single Post
Old 22-07-17
Liked at 215 Times in 141 Posts
Rodbender is on a distinguished road
Re: ? photo recovery?

Originally Posted by ipri View Post
I have had a Trojan infection. All photos went ( a nice man said if I paid him money..he would undo his work!)...I managed to get rid of the Trojan...+ many1000s of dodgy files. Then restored stuff from my ext HDrive. Most are fine, but a 100 or so still only show as photogallery icons...these wont open..although the property tab shows that the files are occupying 20 or so MB of space...suggesting the file is lurking somewhere.
Some of the files on the backup drive don't seem to be there....It's possible I have deleted some on purpose from my pc and have forgotten...any help please....thanks.
There are plenty of recovery programmes out there for free. Which ever you choose do take care not to store the recovered files on to the same drive as you are recovering files from, as this will over wright the very files you are trying to recover. I always recover to a USB drive or external hard drive. Also try recovering with more than one programme as some work better than others. Good luck, I hope it works out ok for you.
Regards Ron (Shoppy)