View Single Post
Old 14-09-06
Ancient Geek

Liked at 50 Times in 41 Posts
Pol is on a distinguished road
Re: Pentax reveals 10MP weather-sealed DSLR flagship

I have the istD, one of the originals from 2003, and I have to say I'm delighted with what this new K10D has to offer - a clear upgrade for the istD this time.

I was slightly suprised there was no CF support, along with the SD, but that's ok. I also like being able to carry spare CRV3 batteries for the istD but the battery grip for the K10D looks good, if required.

I'm delighted to see they've kept the front control wheel for the Hyper Program functions (layout is the same as the istD) as that's something I wouldn't like to be without - I use it all the time on the istD and it's ideal, excellent layout for quick/easy exposure changes.

I'd been expecting the SR feature but was delighted to see AD too. All that dust and weather sealing was also unexpected but very welcome!

I'm also interested to note that the price is likely to be less than I'd expected - ie less than $1000, though heck knows how that'll translate into once it reaches this side of the pond.

I'd like to have one, like to see how it performs with my current lenses, which should, in effect all have instant new potential because of the in-camera SR. I was also pleased to read some info about the new lenses, expected later next year.

I can't see anything about a cable switch socket. I imagine that's above the ac/dc socket, behind the flap on the side. Is that so?

Pol