View Single Post
Old 21-01-10
Forum veteran

Liked at 6 Times in 6 Posts
Bob Ross is on a distinguished road
Re: Poll - is a hybrid camera in your future?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian View Post
Samsung call them hybrids and that's my preference - they are a hybrid of compact and DSLR features.

The Leica M is surprisingly big when you see it in the metal - and heavy

I think Photokina may well be dominated by hybrid type camera announcements. PMA is looking rather bereft of exciting news if the grapevine is anything to go by I think the show is in big trouble, and Canon isn't going, for example.

Ian
HI Ian,
The weight thing about the Leica Ms isn't about the M8/9body, into which they have crammed everything and kept to the tradition, but it is in the lenses. The teles are bigger and heavy, but the wide and normal are very compact. I have a 28/2.8, 35/2 & 50/2 and they are buttons compared to their SLR cousins. And, of course, you wont find much plastic in the construction.
That is interesting about PMA. I have heard similar elsewhere and I wonder how the organizers rubbed the participant/exibitors the wrong way. There is that show in Tokyo...
I was going to ask, what camera you would grab on your way to PMA....a Hybrid? Would it be different for Tokyo?
Autumn's point is interesting, because on a forum such as this we'll probably hear from DSLR owners first and then a few P&S move-ups.
Bob