DPNow.com Discussion Forum

DPNow.com Discussion Forum (https://dpnow.com/forum2/index.php)
-   DPNow photo gallery (https://dpnow.com/forum2/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   Well I never.............I never knew (https://dpnow.com/forum2/showthread.php?t=6767)

Stephen 03-11-08 06:45 PM

Well I never.............I never knew

Ian and I have just been talking, as we do from time to time ;) I was asking if their was a facility in the gallery software, to add peoples photos that we really like, to a favourites folder, so it was possible to create a personal gallery of ones favourite shots. Ian didn't know the answer, but on searching for it, discovered that such a facility is already in place in the Gallery.

It seems that under every photo there is a set of small icons, one of which is an Add to Favourites link. Clicking on this you get the word 'Added' appear and the photo appears in your personal favourites folder which is reached from the bar towards the top of the page.

Now it also seems that when you add a picture to your favourites the member receives a notification email. As I've never received one of these, I can only assume no one has ever added one of my pics to their favourites :\

Anyway, I would urge members to have a go at using the facility, I for one will use it to store up potential POTD photos that we are looking for all the time *chr*clap*clap

Ian 03-11-08 06:48 PM

Re: Well I never.............I never knew

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stephen (Post 36279)
Ian and I have just been talking, as we do from time to time ;) I was asking if their was a facility in the gallery software, to add peoples photos that we really like, to a favourites folder, so it was possible to create a personal gallery of ones favourite shots. Ian didn't know the answer, but on searching for it, discovered that such a facility is already in place in the Gallery.

It seems that under every photo there is a set of small icons, one of which is an Add to Favourites link. Clicking on this you get the word 'Added' appear and the photo appears in your personal favourites folder which is reached from the bar towards the top of the page.

Now it also seems that when you add a picture to your favourites the member receives a notification email. As I've never received one of these, I can only assume no one has ever added one of my pics to their favourites :

Anyway, I would urge members to have a go at using the facility, I for one will use it to store up potential POTD photos that we are looking for all the time *chr*clap*clap

It's true - I never knew this feature was there. :o

I'll be telling everyone about this on the other gallery forums I run too!

Ian

Autumn 03-11-08 07:14 PM

I thought it was to stick My Own Favourites in! *LOL*LOL*LOL

Stephen 04-11-08 11:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Autumn (Post 36284)
I thought it was to stick My Own Favourites in! *LOL*LOL*LOL

If I'm honest Audrey, I think I did too, and could never see the point or even realised how to use it *LOL