DPNow.com Discussion Forum

DPNow.com Discussion Forum (https://dpnow.com/forum2/index.php)
-   Headline news (https://dpnow.com/forum2/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   October's DPNow prize is an Olympus Stylus XZ-2 (https://dpnow.com/forum2/showthread.php?t=14037)

DPNow 01-10-12 04:10 PM

October's DPNow prize is an Olympus Stylus XZ-2

Here is a summary or excerpt from an article that has just been published on DPNow:

http://dpnow.com/images/8970.jpg

Win a fantastic new Olympus Stylus XZ-2 here on DPNow - all you need to do to be included in the prize draw at the end of October is to be an involved and regular user of the DPNow forum and galleries. It's completely free and you could discover they are a great resource.

Click here to read the whole article...

Ian 01-10-12 04:28 PM

Re: October's DPNow prize is an Olympus Stylus XZ-2

That's right - join and make use of this forum and its photo gallery and you could win an Olympus XZ-2. If you have any questions - we're here to help! :)

Ian

throt 02-10-12 07:16 AM

Note for new users - to post images into threads you need to have had made some posts first... it was 5 I think

David Morison 02-10-12 08:18 AM

Surely it was 10 posts and 5 photos?

David

Kurt 02-10-12 08:29 AM

In the new rules it says that the draw will be first week of October, should say November. Does this mean our September uploads are void?

Ian 02-10-12 10:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kurt (Post 68143)
In the new rules it says that the draw will be first week of October, should say November. Does this mean our September uploads are void?

That's a typo I think - but as we did start this whole process I will count uploads and posts in September as well - it's only fair, but I hope you will continue to joining in here this month! :)

Ian

Ian 02-10-12 10:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by David Morison (Post 68142)
Surely it was 10 posts and 5 photos?

David

Normally, if you are a new member you need to have made 6 forum message posts before being able to post URL links in your posts. To be able to display photos in your forum posts you need to use a URL. This is to dissuade spammers. I may well suspend this restriction during October as it will inevitably confuse new members.

Ian

Ian 02-10-12 10:52 AM

Just to clarify - this initiative is not simply to attract new members but to get existing members re-involved if they aren't already :)

Ian

Kurt 02-10-12 02:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ian (Post 68153)
That's a typo I think - but as we did start this whole process I will count uploads and posts in September as well - it's only fair, but I hope you will continue to joining in here this month! :)

Ian

I am a regular, though usually only put up shots in the gallery for forum posts. I have already commented and posted this week. I do like to get interaction so am very happy with your promotion. The more the merrier.

keeone 02-10-12 05:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ian (Post 68161)
Just to clarify - this initiative is not simply to attract new members but to get existing members re-involved if they aren't already :)

Ian

I am now completely baffled if this was to encourage newbies or non posters like me perhaps a definitive answer is needed

lycan 02-10-12 06:28 PM

looks like a nice camera will give it to the wife if I win think it would suit her well

Ian 02-10-12 07:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keeone (Post 68176)
I am now completely baffled if this was to encourage newbies or non posters like me perhaps a definitive answer is needed

The bottom line is that we want to boost the use of this forum and the attached gallery system. This means persuading existing members to revisit again or more often and to inject new blood in the form of new members, like yourself :)

But the bottom line is - rev-up the forum and galleries here!

Ian

Ian 02-10-12 07:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lycan (Post 68177)
looks like a nice camera will give it to the wife if I win think it would suit her well

But how much use would she get of it! *whack*LOL

Ian

Ian 03-10-12 08:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ian (Post 68181)
The bottom line is that we want to boost the use of this forum and the attached gallery system. This means persuading existing members to revisit again or more often and to inject new blood in the form of new members, like yourself :)

But the bottom line is - rev-up the forum and galleries here!

Ian

An encouraging start - 50% increase in members visiting over the day previously. :)

Ian

caimi 03-10-12 03:18 PM

I love my XZ-1 but wouldn't mind winning this.