DPNow.com Discussion Forum

DPNow.com Discussion Forum (https://dpnow.com/forum2/index.php)
-   General discussion (https://dpnow.com/forum2/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   slow (https://dpnow.com/forum2/showthread.php?t=4705)

fluffy penguin 04-12-07 10:18 PM

slow

I am slightly bemused, I like this site, but it is becoming increasingly difficult to access. When I try to look at the threads, they are loading so slow,
It never used to do that, I thought at first it was my computer, but this does not happen on other sites.

I know I have missed so much, and not uploaded recently because of the slowness.

Has anyone got an answer for me? Is there anything I can do to speed it up.

(ps.) I have just had an upgrade on the computer.

lumix 04-12-07 11:12 PM

Re: slow

Quote:

Originally Posted by fluffy penguin (Post 26900)
I am slightly bemused, I like this site, but it is becoming increasingly difficult to access. When I try to look at the threads, they are loading so slow,
It never used to do that, I thought at first it was my computer, but this does not happen on other sites.

I know I have missed so much, and not uploaded recently because of the slowness.

I think this is an on going problem with DPNow. I find it very irritating at times and go off to other sites where the speed is OK. It's been reported and believe they are trying to sort it out. Like the add for Polaris World said "maybe tomorrow". :D

Ian 04-12-07 11:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lumix (Post 26902)
I think this is an on going problem with DPNow. I find it very irritating at times and go off to other sites where the speed is OK. It's been reported and believe they are trying to sort it out. Like the add for Polaris World said "maybe tomorrow". :D

OK, the Sony ad is due to finish tomorrow, we'll see how it goes from there.

Ian

Pol 05-12-07 10:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fluffy penguin (Post 26900)

I sometimes get the same problem and find it seems to be intermittent - sometimes normal, other times painfully slow.

If I'm finding it to be very slow I sometimes close the browser (IE7) then go back to the site and find it works normally again for me.

Pol

Blithe 05-12-07 12:57 PM

Since I replied to a thread about site speed issues, and saying that I had no problems, I do now find that the pages are very slow to load on a very regular basis. It is off-putting to say the least. :)

coupekid 05-12-07 02:59 PM

I have carefully and scientifically timed (by counting approx seconds in my head) and having clicked a link, it is taking between 8 and 14 seconds for the page to appear.

Ian 05-12-07 03:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by coupekid (Post 26943)
I have carefully and scientifically timed (by counting approx seconds in my head) and having clicked a link, it is taking between 8 and 14 seconds for the page to appear.

It's probably a bit quicker than yesterday as the Sony had has been partially taken off, but Sony rang this morning to extend part of the campaign. But I think you will find that the forum is quicker now than it has been.

Ian

fluffy penguin 07-12-07 11:00 AM

yippee, this is better, and when I get the chance later on will have a good look at what I have missed.

Patrick 07-12-07 11:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ian (Post 26945)
It's probably a bit quicker than yesterday as the Sony had has been partially taken off, but Sony rang this morning to extend part of the campaign. But I think you will find that the forum is quicker now than it has been.

Ian

Hi Ian

What is it about the Sony adds that slow things down so much? not that I have had that much problem, there has been the odd times when it was rather slow.
Nothing like as much as others appear to have experianced problems.

Patrick

Caz 07-12-07 04:00 PM

Try firefox with full ad-blocker - works for me....