Release Issued by Leaf:
A new medium-format digital camera for professional photographersPhotokina, Cologne, Germany (September 26, 2006)
– Leaf, the acclaimed leader in the design of digital backs for professional photographers and developer of the world's fastest digital camera backs, announced today the introduction of the Leaf AFi - a new, next-generation, medium-format digital camera aimed at professional photographers. The Leaf AFi is specifically designed for high-resolution digital photography, and is seamlessly integrated with the new Leaf Aptus S-Series digital camera backs. The Leaf AFi product line will include three models: Leaf AFi -75, Leaf AFi -65 and Leaf AFi -54.
Leaf solutions are based on the premise that a professional digital camera should operate intuitively, becoming an extension of the photographer's hands, while supporting maximum creative freedom and technical excellence. With this in mind, Leaf developed this new medium format digital camera solution to match the specific demands of high-resolution digital shooting. The Leaf AFi provides professional photographers with a 6 x 6 medium-format digital camera solution in a compact 6 x 4.5 design. The Leaf camera addresses the needs of professional photographers who require the combination of quality, speed and control, united into a simple to use and robust system. The Leaf AFi is flexible, easily adaptable, and fully compatible with the Leaf digital back technology.
Dov Kalinski, General Manager of Leaf comments: “Leaf has the reputation for delivering uncompromising quality, and accordingly, the new Leaf AFi has been designed with the very best components available. The Leaf AFi features an extraordinary integration of top-of-the-line components, including a newly-developed medium-format camera, high quality auto-focus digital Schneider- Kreuznach lenses (AFD) that are specifically designed for professional photographers and a new and advanced Leaf digital camera back.”
Based on a newly designed camera body, the Leaf AFi enjoys a wealth of unique features, including:
• Changeable viewfinder system (waist level or 90°/prism view)
• Specially designed Schneider-Kreuznach digital lenses for speed and sharp images
• Adjustable control grip provides ergonomically optimal angles for different shooting positions
• Switching between portrait and landscape by turning only the camera back; no need to turn the camera
About Leaf: A History of Innovation
Since introducing its first digital camera back in 1992, Leaf has become a world-renowned leader in the domain of professional photography. Leaf’s extensive knowledge in image processing, color management and file conversion technology is part of the Leaf legacy. The Leaf Aptus family is the latest in a series of award-winning digital camera back solutions created for professional photographers.
©2006 Kodak. All rights reserved.