Release Issued by ViewMinder:
The image archiving and management program, has been released.
Its main enhancements are
1. External editing – the user’s favourite image editor can be accessed directly from the toolbar.
2. Version management simplifies the editing of image duplicates while preserving the originals.
3. Multi toggle allows selection of multiple images without having to touch the keyboard.
4. Batch rotation handles portrait images with a single click.
5. Data consolidation – all images and their metadata can be backed up by copying a single folder.
6. Expanded help pages, also on-line
Ordered from ViewMinder’s web site, www.viewminder.com the program costs 73 euros, 89 dollars or 49 pounds. (The old price of € 50, $ 55 or £ 35 is in effect for one more week, until the end of September.)
The price includes downloads of all new versions for the next 12 months. Version 2.1 will be published this autumn and contains improvements to image importing and exporting functions. Version 2.2, scheduled for release by year-end, has an open service interface, to allow other programs to receive image and/or metadata input transparently.
The trial version, Genus ViewMinder, can be downloaded from Tucows. It is identical to the commercial version, Expert ViewMinder, except for the limited number of images - 250 - that it can store and manage.