Issued by Fujifilm:
Fujifilm's new FinePix E550 Zoom: the perfect combination of form and function
The most advanced camera in Fujifilm’s new E range balances ease of use with exceptional sensor performance
28 July 2004
- Fujifilm today announces the launch of the FinePix E550 Zoom, which heads up the company’s new, no-nonsense ‘E’ range of digital cameras. Featuring manual controls and boasting major sensor refinements, the 6.3 megapixel FinePix E550 Zoom is a competitively-priced digital camera with tremendous hidden strength, giving the ideal balance of form and function.
Fujifilm has made great strides to develop its celebrated Super CCD HR sensor and processor technology for the FinePix E550 Zoom. This latest sensor enhancement gives the camera the capability of low sensitivity and a higher signal-to-noise ratio, both contributing to superb image quality.
Alongside powerful sensor improvements, the FinePix E550 Zoom features a 4x zoom lens, which gives a focal length equivalent to 32.5mm - 130mm on a 35mm camera, and a 6.3 million effective (12.3 million recorded output) pixel count. The high pixel output ensures that picture enlargements maintain exceptional sharpness and detail.
The FinePix E550 Zoom is housed in a sturdy metallic casing and has a 2” screen. The larger screen makes it easier to view photographic subjects, and also benefits those photographers that wish to view and edit their images on the move, without needing to preview them on a PC screen.
The new camera is also PictBridge™ compatible, which means that images can be printed directly from the camera, without the need for a PC.
The FinePix E550 Zoom will fit into your coat pocket and has a robust, easy-to-grip design that is great for photographers who find smaller cameras a little fiddly. The camera is perfect for enthusiasts and more serious photographers alike, with its range of manual features and uncompromising image quality.
Adrian Clarke, Fujifilm’s Director of Consumer Products, said, "The E550 Zoom is something of a dark horse in that it combines major sensor refinements in a modest, pleasing design. We are continuing to improve and refine our cameras’ sensor design and functions, which means that consumers are getting greater value for money than ever before. The new E range cameras are designed to be reliable and easy to use, yet powerful enough to give unrivalled performance.”
FinePix E550 Zoom features at a glance:
• Newly-developed Super CCD HR sensor with 6.3 million effective pixels (delivering 12.3 million recorded pixels)
• 4x optical zoom lens equivalent to 32.5mm - 130mm on a 35mm camera
• High resolution 2” LCD screen for extra clarity and detail
• Multiple exposure modes including aperture priority, shutter priority and manual modes
• RAW file format enabling unprocessed file saving
• Low sensitivity setting of ISO 80 for photography in bright conditions with low noise
• High quality 640 x 480 movie mode at 30 frames per second with sound
• A/V socket for playback on a compatible TV
• Powered by 2 x AA batteries
• xD-Picture Card™ providing large storage capacity, lower power consumption and fast write speeds (16MB to 512MB capacities currently available)
• PictBridge™ compatibility for direct printing without a PC
Super CCD HR technology
Fujifilm’s Super CCD HR technology allows high resolution sensors to be housed in even smaller digital cameras. The benefits include ultra-high resolution images and high sensitivity, enabling faster shutter speeds for action shots and low light photography.
Availability & pricing
The FinePix E550 Zoom will be available in the UK from leading photographic retailers in September 2004. Pricing will be announced nearer to the date of retail launch.*
For information about Fujifilm and its products, please visit: www.fujifilm.co.uk