Corel® Expands Portfolio with New Photo Workflow Solution: Corel® AfterShot™ Pro
Delivers Unrivalled Speed, Flexible Photo Management and RAW Power on Windows®, Mac OS® and Linux®
Las Vegas / Maidenhead (UK) – January 9, 2012 – Corel is pleased to announce the expansion of its digital photography portfolio with the introduction of Corel® AfterShot™ Pro. The total photographic workflow solution for professional and enthusiast photographers will be unveiled today at CES, Las Vegas. Providing complete RAW workflow, flexible photo management, advanced non-destructive editing and breakthrough performance, AfterShot Pro offers the tools users need to manage, enhance and output hundreds, or even thousands, of photos quickly. Based on technology from Corel’s acquisition of Bibble Labs, Corel AfterShot Pro is available for Windows®, Mac OS® and Linux®.
Flexible Workflow Gives Photographers Great Results – Fast
Fully multithreaded and optimised for multi-core and multi-CPU computers, Corel AfterShot Pro delivers fast RAW processing and incredibly colour-accurate images with regular support for an ever-increasing number of major camera manufacturers and models. AfterShot Pro offers workflow capabilities that enable you to work with photos virtually any way you want, such as quickly accessing images from existing file folders or memory cards and importing them into searchable catalogues. Corel AfterShot Pro’s powerful, non-destructive editing tools let you make your photos look their best, while unique selective editing capabilities provide incredible control over image adjustments by letting you apply them exactly where you want them.
Corel AfterShot Pro key features include:
- Breakthrough performance: Corel AfterShot Pro is designed for speed and allows those with and without the latest hardware to process their images fast. AfterShot Pro is fully multithreaded and optimised for multi-core computers by taking advantage of every CPU at its disposal to maximise the speed of onscreen preview, adjustment and output generation.
- RAW power: Corel AfterShot Pro is designed to help you make the most of the extra detail and data in your RAW images by offering fast RAW processing and incredibly colour-accurate images.
- Flexible photo management: Whether reviewing, adjusting or exporting RAW, JPEG or TIFF images, Corel AfterShot Pro gives you the freedom to work the way you want. Create custom or even portable catalogues that can be moved to another computer, or if you already organise your photos in folders on your computer, you aren’t required to catalogue them at all. Work with photos wherever they are, whether they are in folders on your hard drive or on a memory card.
- Robust metadata tools: Browse and search your photos with ease using the powerful metadata features in Corel AfterShot Pro. Easily find your images with automatically imported EXIF data such as camera settings, lenses and dates. Add your own keywords, ratings, labels and tags or use industry-standard IPTC Metadata, such as captions and copyright. Tailor metadata sets to display only the information you want to see or use AfterShot Pro Presets to attach information to your photos for easy searching.
- Advanced non-destructive editing: With the non-destructive editing tools in Corel AfterShot Pro, refine and enhance your photos without ever altering your original image. Apply intelligent automatic or manual adjustments – including complete exposure and tone control, cropping, colour correction, white balance, noise reduction, curves and levels, lens correction and many more – knowing you can always revert to an earlier version of the image at any time.
- Selective editing: The unique Regions and Layers capabilities in Corel AfterShot Pro give you incredible control over image adjustments by letting you apply them exactly where you want them.
- Easy photo-editing software integration: When you’re ready to get into deeper photo editing and advanced image manipulation,Corel AfterShot Pro lets you to bring your image intoCorel® PaintShop™ Pro, Adobe® Photoshop®or the image editor of your choice from directly within the application.
- Batch processing: Corel AfterShot Pro saves you time with some of the most advanced and flexible batch processing tools available. Use them to rename multiple files, apply adjustments to groups of similar files with the same settings, or convert and export files to one or more pre-defined image formats and sizes.
- Speed to output: When you’re ready to create image files to print, share online or access in other applications, Corel AfterShot Pro offers lightning-fast output generation. Plus, use Batch Output to quickly process images according to predefined output settings like JPEG and PDF, create contact sheets or standard print sizes, and more. It’s easy to modify Batch settings or create a custom Batch process that suits your workflow.
Pricing and Availability
Corel AfterShot Pro is available in English, German, French, Dutch and Italian immediately as an electronic download (ESD) from www.corel.com. Box versions will be available from Corel's global resellers later in January 2012 at the price of £79.99 including VAT. The upgrade version is available at £59.99 including VAT from www.corel.com for users of Bibble™ Pro or Lite 5, Corel® Paint Shop Pro® Photo X2 or higher, Adobe® Lightroom® or Apple® Aperture®.
To download a free fully-functional trial version or for more information about AfterShot Pro, please visit www.corel.com/aftershotpro