DXO Filmpack 3 Brings Classic Film Looks Back To Digital Photos
September 6, 2011 - DxO Labs today announces the immediate availability of DxO FilmPack 3 at a special launch price starting at $49, until September 30.
DxO FilmPack 3 allows photographers from beginners to experts to authentically recreate the magic of dozens of black & white or color film stocks on their digital images in one click, offering limitless creative options.
Legendary black & white film photographer Sebastio Salgado, who recently migrated from silver halide to digital, said, “DxO FilmPack has become a must-have step in my photographic workflow to render the unique Kodak Tri-X® grain on my large-format prints.”
- User-friendly interface (Windows and Mac)
- New film looks
- Additional color and B&W conversion controls
- Multiple plugins for better integration with the workflow
UNRIVALED FILM FIDELITY
Building on its unique 10 years of recognized expertise in characterizing digital and film-based photographic systems, DxO Labs has worked with world class film processing facilities, Picto in Paris and Duggal in New York, to develop a unique film profiling process that ensures the most precise film simulation available on the market today. Users can easily give their images the appealing grain, color, saturation and contrast of famous film stocks, recalling the deep history of photography and rich legacy of each film look.
“Our thorough approach to accurately characterizing the unique rendering of each film allows DxO FilmPack 3 users to faithfully apply the visual signature of many iconic silver halide films, some of which are not available anymore, such as Kodachrome®,” said Jerome Meniere, CEO of DxO Labs. “We put a strong focus on authenticity for all DxO FilmPack 3 renderings, developing our software in partnership with expert photographers having extensive knowledge of both film and digital photography, to ensure unrivaled film fidelity.”
In addition to 10 new film looks and 10 new color filters, DxO FilmPack 3 also features new tools that provide photographers with full control of their images:
EASE OF USE
- Creation of customized film looks
- Hue/saturation/lightness sliders for additional color creative control
- Channel mixer for extended Black & White rendering styles
- Creative vignetting to give images a particular look
- Noise removal tool for more authentic grain rendering
DxO FilmPack 3’s interface has been completely revamped. Photographers can now easily choose among the numerous built-in film looks thanks to the user-friendly filmstrip. This means that beginners can obtain good results with a single click, whereas experts will take advantage of all the advanced functionalities to fine-tune their pictures. The batch mode allows users to process hundreds of images at once for unparalleled productivity.
For optimal flexibility, each DxO FilmPack 3 license includes the standalone application as well as plugins for Adobe® Photoshop® CS4/CS5, Adobe® Lightroom® 3, Apple® Aperture® 3, and DxO Optics Pro 6. In addition, DxO FilmPack 3 can be used as a Smart Filter in Adobe® Photoshop®. All can be simultaneously installed on two computers.
AVAILABILITY AND PRICING
Compatible with Mac and Windows, DxO FilmPack 3 is available in two editions, Essential and Expert, which differ in terms of available film renderings and features.
A free 31-day trial version of DxO FilmPack 3 is available on DxO Labs’ website, and allows testing its functionalities on your own pictures (www.dxo.com/intl/photo/free_trial_version).
DxO FilmPack 3 is available immediately from the DxO Labs e-store (www.dxo.com) and from popular photo stores at a special introductory discount of up to 30%:
- DxO FilmPack 3 Essential Edition: $49 instead of $79
- DxO FilmPack 3 Expert Edition: $99 instead of $129
- DxO FilmPack 3 Expert Upgrade from DxO FilmPack 1 or 2: $39 instead of $49
- DxO FilmPack 3 Essential Edition: 49€ instead of 79€
- DxO FilmPack 3 Expert Edition: 99€ instead of 129€
- DxO FilmPack 3 Expert Upgrade from DxO FilmPack 1 or 2: 39€ instead of 49€
(Suggested retail prices, including VAT)
- DxO FilmPack 3 Essential Edition: £49, instead of £69
- DxO FilmPack 3 Expert Edition: £79, instead of £99
- DxO FilmPack 3 Expert Upgrade from DxO FilmPack 1 or 2: £29 instead of £39
(Suggested retail prices, including VAT)
- PC: Microsoft® Windows® XP 32 bits, Windows® Vista® 32 or 64 bits, Windows® 7 (32 or 64 bits) and Intel® Pentium® 4 processor or AMD® equivalent
- Mac: Mac OS® X 10.5 Leopard, Mac OS® X 10.6 Snow Leopard, Mac OS® X 10.7 Lion and Intel Mac® processor
- 2 GB RAM minimum and 400 MB available disk space
About DxO Labs
DxO Labs offers products and solutions that provide excellence in digital imaging. In addition to its DxO Optics Pro and DxO FilmPack products for Mac and Windows, aimed at serious and demanding photographers, the company also licenses patented intellectual property serving the entire digital imaging chain:
- Embedded software and silicon architectures for real-time still and video image processing, for consumer electronics OEM/ODM (such as digital camera and camera phone vendors);
- Image quality evaluation and measurement tools, for imaging component suppliers (camera module manufacturers, sensor vendors, and processor vendors) as well as photography journalists and imaging experts.
For more information, visit DxO Labs' website at www.dxo.com