‘Easy Video Copy & Convert’ - Delivering perfect copies of Web and DVD video, at home or on the move
28 October 2009 — Roxio®, a division of Sonic Solutions®, has today launched Roxio Easy Video Copy & Convert to easily enable users to copy DVDs*1, capture web videos*1 from sites such as YouTube™ and convert other video files for playback on DVD disc or a wide variety of video playback devices. It is one of the most easy-to-use video conversion tools available today, and can create amazingly varied, high-quality video compilations with just a few clicks.
Roxio Easy Video Copy & Convert offers a new simple interface; the user just selects the desired playback device and the application automatically converts video files (Including DVD video) to the required file format. The application supports wide range of devices and options, including iPod™, PlayStation® 3, Xbox® 360, Sony PSP™ and BlackBerry®, as well as upload to social networking/sharing websites.
Roxio’s new application delivers perfect 1-to-1 copies*1 of Blu-ray Discs and Double layer (9GB) DVD discs, and will burn superior-quality backup copies of 9 GB DVDs onto (recordable) 4.7 GB DVD discs. When copying DVDs, users can choose to copy an entire disc image, or select only specific video files and remove any unwanted extras - to optimise compression and maximise the final video quality of the copy.
Easy Video Copy & Convert also includes the abilities to view and remove any unwanted segments of a video file, and preview the eventual playback quality prior to conversion, to save the user time and ensure the best results.
“As the name suggests, Roxio Easy Video Copy & Convert really is the easiest and most versatile way to copy, and enjoy DVD, web and mobile video, wherever you want.” said Stephen Mold, EMEA Sales Director, Roxio. “Simply select your playback device, and the software does the rest for you, ensuring the best possible results. You can also author compilation DVDs with a choice of stylish DVD navigation menus, and design your own personalised case sleeves and disc labels for a great finishing touch.”
- Capture Internet video*1 from web sites such as YouTube™ and transfer to DVD disc, iPod™, PlayStation® 3, Xbox® 360, Sony PSP™ and BlackBerry®.
- Make backup copies of 9 GB DVDs on 4.7 GB DVD recordable discs*1
- Select only the movies, extras, languages and subtitles you want*2: minimise compression, optimise quality
- Simple user-interface makes it easy to select the format or device you want to watch your converted videos on
- Easily upload video to YouTube to share
- Easily adjust video conversion quality using the simple slider-control, or take complete control to choose codec, screen resolution, frame & data rates, plus audio format
- Playback video files (including DVDs) and remove unwanted segments, before you make perfect copies, or convert them to other formats
- Copy to & from disc image files. Load and view a disc image file without a disc drive, using Disc Image Loader
- Automatically search & locate DVD-Video folders and disc image files
- Add professionally designed menu themes to DVD compilations – or create your own
- Create attractive disc labels to give your DVDs the perfect finished touch
- Backup non-encrypted iPod videos
- Copy DVDs to mobile phone formats.
Pricing and Availability
Roxio Easy Video Copy & Convert is available today for £19.99 at www.roxio.co.uk and will be introduced later this month in retail stores across Europe. The product is available in English, French, Italian, German, Spanish and Dutch languages.
- Video – AVI, DV-AVI, MPEG-1/2/4, MPEG2-HD, WMV, WMV HD, H.264, MP4, 3GP.
- Audio – WAV, WMA, Dolby Digital AC-3, Ogg Vorbis, FLAC, M4A, AAC, MP3 as source.
- Video – DVD-Video, miniDVD, WMV Disc, Video CD, Super Video CD.
- Data – CD, DVD, Blu-ray.
- Audio – DVD Music Disc, Audio CD, MP3/WMA Disc, CD Extra.
- Disc Image Files – ISO, GI, C2D, and BIN/CUE.
- Disc Types – DVD+R/RW (including double-layer), DVD-R/RW (including dual-layer), CD-R/RW, DVD-RAM, BD-R/RE (including dual-layer), Blu-ray.
*1 Does not copy encrypted or copy-protected discs or content. You should obtain permission from the copyright owner before copying or downloading content from the Internet.
*2 This feature does not apply to Blu-ray Disc format.
Discuss this story:
Roxio launches ‘Easy Video Copy & Convert’
DPNow Roxio launches ‘Easy Video Copy & Convert’
Roxio® launches Roxio Easy Video Copy & Convert to easily enable users to copy DVDs*1, capt... (more)