Release Issued by Sanyo:
SANYO launches next generation full-HD HD1010 digital camcorder
Watford, 1st October 2008... SANYO, one of the world’s leading manufacturers of consumer electronics, has launched its next generation full-HD digital camcorder, the HD1010, in the UK. The ultra compact HD1010 features ‘face-chaser’ technology for video and stills, slow motion video mode and seven frames per second sequential shooting for superb action photography.
Sleek and simple-to-use, HD1010 takes 4-megapixel digital still images and records video and stills to convenient SD memory cards or SDHC cards (sold separately) up to 32GB.
Commenting on the new camcorder, Phil Williams, Business Manager for Digital Cameras at Sanyo says: “The HD1010 is a welcome addition to the highly successful Xacti camcorder range. By bringing the latest in full HD technology to a compact and easy to use camcorder, superior quality images and video can be achieved by amateurs and professionals alike.”
FACE DETECTION / FACE CHASER TECHNOLOGY
The latest in digital still photography—Face Detection and Face Chaser technology actually monitor the subject’s face and adjust brightness and focus to ensure incredibly clear photos. This technology can be used to recognise up to 12 faces at a time in both video and still photos.
SLOW-MOTION VIDEO MODE
For great sports videos and many other fast-action video projects, the HD1010 can record video at 300 frames-per-second (fps) to produce smooth, super slow-motion 60fps video playback.
7 FRAMES-PER-SECOND SEQUENTIAL SHOOTING
The HD1010 allows you to shoot digital still images like the pros with up to seven photos in a single second, making it ideal for special effects or action photography.
SMALL AND LIGHT FULL HD CAMCORDER
The HD1010 weighs only 268g. It incorporates advanced MPEG-4 AVC/H.264 video compression, enabling up to approximately 87 minutes of Full HD (1920 x 1080) video recording on an 8GB SDHC memory card (sold separately).
WIDE DYNAMIC RANGE MODE
Wide Dynamic Range Mode allows improved images in varying degrees of light and shade.
FOUR MEGAPIXEL DIGITAL IMAGES
The Xacti HD1010 enables simultaneous shooting of 4-megapixel still images and HD movie clips, with a simple press of the shutter button during the recording of a video clip. Users need never miss another precious photo opportunity. (Depending on the mode used to take still images, simultaneous video clip shooting may be interrupted. While shooting video clips, using the digital image stabiliser may change the angle of view for still images.)
COMFORTABLE, ERGONOMIC DESIGN
The HD1010 is designed for easy, one-handed operation with “one thumb” operation of all key functions. The camcorder is comfortable to hold, even for extended periods.
FULL 1080i HD SENSOR
Incorporating the latest high-definition CMOS sensor, the HD1010 captures full 1080i high-definition video (1920x1080) at 60 fps. Designed to record the rich and vibrant colours of real life, the HD1010 also captures subtle tones to provide a natural-looking result. SANYO’s latest high-speed image processing engine capably handles the high capacity demands of Full HD data. Signal processing has been optimised for gamma correction and noise reduction, improving lens colour-sensitivity and image quality when filming in darker locations. In addition, the video codec algorithm has been adjusted from 12 to 14 Mbps to allow more data per second, for improved imaging.
10X OPTICAL HD ZOOM LENS
At the front of the HD1010 is a commanding 10x all-glass HD lens. The camcorder’s fast f/1.8-2.5 lens is capable of allowing almost four times more light through to assist in lower light venues. Consisting of eight groups and 11 total lenses with a built-in neutral density filter, the HD1010’s lens provides a spectacular field-of-view with a 38-380 mm range (35 mm equivalent).
High-definition can’t hide shaky or erratic camera movement. So, SANYO’s HD1010 comes with a sophisticated image stabiliser for both stills and video. This handy feature operates in both wide-angle and telephoto modes, giving every shot a solid, professional-looking feel. Image stabilisation allows for clear pictures of the subject even when moving or rotation occurs.
LARGE 2.7 INCH WIDESCREEN DISPLAY
The HD1010 features a large 2.7 inch widescreen Liquid Crystal Display (LCD). The display flips out from the camera and rotates up to 285 degrees on axis, allowing you to take great video or still images even from difficult-to-view positions, which is especially useful when shooting in large crowds or in small rooms.
HDMI HIGH-DEFINITION OUTPUT
It’s easy to view and share high-definition video on your HD television with the HD1010. Using the HDMI (High-Definition Multimedia Interface) terminal built into the base station, just one cable connects your camcorder to your TV for a totally digital output. HDMI carries both the video and audio signals in digital form for the highest quality playback.
EASY CAMERA TO PC CONNECTION
SANYO’s HD1010 streamlines the confusing and complicated component connection process with an innovative docking station. This dock provides instant connectivity via HDMI cable (sold separately), component, composite or S-video connection to a TV, DVD player and computer. The HD1010 even recharges its internal battery when nested in the docking station.
RECORDS TO CONVENIENT SD/SDHC MEMORY CARDS
The SANYO Xacti HD1010 records high-definition and photos directly to a standard SD or SDHC Memory Card. The camcorder is capable of recording up to 87 minutes of 1080i high-definition video on a single 8GB card (sold separately). When connected to a computer via the USB cable, the HD1010 acts as a standard card reader. Transferring images and videos to your computer has never been easier.
ADDITIONAL HD1010 FEATURES:
- Random Access: Each video is recorded as an individual MPEG-4 and each still as a JPEG so you can have true random access allowing you to review a specific image or video quickly and easily, without waiting for tape rewinding or fast forwarding
- Super-fast Startup: With its tapeless design, the HD1010 eliminates the need to queue up a tape deck or get a DVD or hard drive spinning, allowing the camcorder to begin shooting in as little as two seconds! When the HD1010 is powered on, closing the LCD display puts the HD1010 in standby mode. Simply open the display and the camcorder automatically powers up and can begin recording virtually instantaneously.
- Equipped with ‘SIMPLE’ mode so even beginners can create high quality, beautiful high definition movies
- New 1920 x 1080, 30 fps mode allows further possibilities with Full HD and computers (when in Full-SHQ 30 fps/12 Mbps mode)
- Features 2.7 inch 230,000 pixel, widescreen TFT-LCD monitor, ideal for viewing HD footage
- Wind Roar and Red Eye Reduction
- Web Cam function
- Built-in, pop-up flash
- A variety of manual controls are available for versatile, advanced shooting. These include manual focus adjustment (16 settings); aperture adjustment (6 stops); exposure compensation (1.8 EV, 0.3 EV steps); shutter speed (13 settings); and image-quality adjustment (for sharpness and colour saturation)
- Bundled with “Nero 8 Essentials for SANYO” for easy playback and editing
- Uses included, long-lasting 1900 mAh Lithium-ion battery (DB-L50)
- Compatible with a variety of optional accessories using cold shoe mount, such as external strobe, video light, microphone, etc.
- Optional adapter lenses available: telephoto, wide-angle and semi-fisheye
- Continuous Still Image Shooting function - 7 frames per second
- Able to take still pictures while in the middle of Full HD movie recording
- 9-image quick display function
- In-camera editing
- 48 kHz, 16-bit, 2-channel sound
- PictBridge compatible
- Headphone Jack
For further information, please visit SANYO Europe Ltd’s web site at www.sanyo.co.uk