Release issued by Ricoh:
New compact digital camera – the R50
Featuring a 10 megapixel CCD and a 5x optical zoom, this compact digital camera attaches a great deal of importance to portability
Tokyo, Japan — February 19, 2008 — Ricoh Co., Ltd. announced today the release of a new compact digital camera – the R50 – that features a high-resolution 10 megapixel CCD, a 5x optical zoom (36mm – 180mm in 35mm camera format) and pays particular attention to portability.
The new R50 is a digital camera with a compact body that measures 97.3(W)×56.3(H)×23.4(D)mm and makes it easy to carry.
This user-friendly camera features scene functions that can be used in a wide variety of shooting conditions, enabling anyone to easily take beautiful images. It is equipped with 15 differing scene functions such as a sports function which captures the split-second movement of a fast-moving subject, a cosmetic function which enhances the skin tone of a subject and the still image with audio function that lets the user add a voice memo to the shot.
Main features of R50
- A 10 megapixel CCD that gives high quality photographs.
Enables the production of beautiful pictures even when printed large or trimmed.
- A compact body housing a 5x optical zoom equivalent to the 36 to 180mm zoom lens.
This highly portable camera with a compact body measuring 97.3(W)×56.3(H)×23.4(D) mm camera also houses a 5x optical zoom lens.
- 15 differing scene functions making it simple for anyone, even those unfamiliar with the intricacies of a camera, to easily take beautiful pictures.
- The sports function captures the split-second movement of a fast-moving subject.
- The cosmetic function can be used to enhance the skin tones of the subject.
The still image with audio function allows a voice memo to be attached to a still image.
- The portrait function enhances the three-dimensional feel of the subject by blurring the background. (With face chaser function)
- The lamp function enables photograph in low-light conditions.
- The best shot function allows 4 successive still images to be captured as the exposure changes.
- Monochrome and sepia functions give photographs a nostalgic feel, and other functions.
- Sequential shots mode
- One push of the shutter button allows the user to take successive pictures. Convenient for those wishing to check the form of their golf or tennis swing.
- Video recording using the video clip recording mode.
Possible to record images other than still photography.
Discuss this story:
Ricoh announce release of the R50
DPNow Ricoh announce release of the R50
Here is a summary or excerpt from an article that has just been published on DPNow:
Ricoh release a... (more)