Release Issued by DxO Labs:
DxO Analyzer, the leading image quality evaluation tool, extends its testing scope in version 3.1
With version 3.1, DxO Labs further enhances DxO Analyzer’s capability to provide in-depth diagnosis of digital cameras and components. Newly enhanced features include improved low light color performance, depth of focus and flash measurements.
Paris, France – July 6, 2007 – DxO Labs today announces the immediate availability of DxO Analyzer version 3.1, which incorporates dramatic improvements in noise and color sensitivity assessment under low light conditions, depth-of-focus measurement, and measurement of light, color shading and flash across the image field. DxO Analyzer v3.1 also features an entirely new user interface to improve usability and an increase in data processing speed (up to 10 times faster) to enhance productivity.
“DxO Analyzer v3.1 is a unique diagnosis tool,” says Nicolas Touchard, Vice President, Marketing, Image Quality Evaluation. “It can be used to evaluate, diagnose and fine-tune products and prototypes in all the industries that use image capture devices, including medical imaging, machine vision, space and defense observation, mobile imaging and, of course, consumer and professional photography.”
- Noise and color sensitivity measurement under low light: DxO Analyzer v3.1 incorporates new technologies and methods to accurately measure noise and color capability under low light conditions. DxO Analyzer v3.1 computes the impact of noise on color sensitivity, and outputs simple metrics to provide deeper analysis of sensor structure noise including the severity of sensor column and row noise.
- Focus range measurement: DxO Analyzer v3.1 provides a new protocol to easily assess the focus range of any camera, including auto-focus systems. DxO Analyzer v3.1 is particularly attractive for evaluating the shortest sharp distance on fixed focus optics.
- Light and color shading measurement: DxO Analyzer v3.1 delivers a complete 3D map of light and color shading over the image field, with and without flash, providing the ability to deal with any type of light shading profile.
With version 3.1, the DxO Analyzer solution can be used across an organization. It delivers sharp benchmarking of commercial imaging products, a key requirement for marketing departments. DxO Analyzer v3.1 can also be used as an acute acceptance test protocol when sourcing components or modules, making it an essential asset for decision makers involved in production quality control and sourcing. DxO Analyzer v3.1 can help engineers and image scientists design next-generation image capture systems by enabling them to understand the causes of imaging performance limitations, or shortcomings in digital cameras or camera modules.
“The step-by-step protocols and repeatability of DxO Analyzer measurements mean that users need to spend less time in the lab and can concentrate on analyzing the data that DxO Analyzer delivers. Our customers use this data to rank camera products, to understand their advantages and limitations, to select imaging components, or for other value-added tasks that are directly linked to their business,” continues Nicolas Touchard.
DxO Analyzer is a complete measurement solution providing in-depth image quality analysis and diagnosis for any image capture device.
- DxO Analyzer covers all relevant image quality parameters: color, resolution (MTF) and sharpness, dynamic range, exposure, noise and most optical aberrations (distortion, chromatic aberrations, light shading…).
- DxO Analyzer includes test lab specifications and equipment, detailed documentation and automated analysis software.
- DxO Analyzer works on RAW and RGB images. Results are presented in an easy-to-use interface making analysis faster and reporting easier.
- DxO Analyzer is completely operator-independent: the measurement protocols are robust and ensure repeatable and accurate measurements.
- DxO Analyzer also complies with all major ISO and industry standards – such as SMIA and I3A.
For more information, visit DxO Labs online at www.dxo.com
Discuss this story
DxO Labs enhances DxO Analyzer’s capability
DPNow DxO Labs enhances DxO Analyzer’s capability
With version 3.1, DxO Labs further enhances DxO Analyzer’s capability to provide in-depth diagnosi... (more)