Release issued by Toshiba Corporation:
Toshiba adds 4GB microSDHC card to extensive memory card line-up
Toshiba Corporation, a leading innovator in memory card solutions, has expanded its line of small-format, high-speed, high-capacity memory cards with the announcement of the launch of a 4-gigabyte (GB) microSDHC card. The addition of the new card extends Toshiba's comprehensive range of microSDHC cards, the preferred memory card for mobile phone applications, from 256MB up to 4GB. The new cards will be available worldwide from July.
Toshiba's 4GB microSDHC card meets SD memory card standard Ver. 2.00, the SD card standard for high density SD products with a capacity of over 2GB. The card is designed for use in dedicated microSDHC slots, but can also be used in standard SDHC card slots in an adapter.
The market for high density memory cards will grow alongside increasing demand for digital equipment, such as mobile phones that can record and display video and high resolution images. Toshiba will continue to expand and upgrade its SDHC and SD Memory Card series to meet the growing demand for high speed, high capacity products.
Outline of New SD Memory Card - Key Features
(1) Large 4GB capacity supports storage of large capacity files, such as high resolution images and music. (69 hours1 of music and 28 hours2 of one-segment TV programs)
(2) Maximum writing speed of 6MB a second
(3) "Class 4" SD speed class, guaranteeing sustained data write at 4MB/s
(4) Applies highly secure CPRM copyright technology
1 At a rate of 128kbps
2 At a rate of 312kbps
- Maximum read and write speed depends on such factors as device and file size
- SDHC memory cards can be used with devices that support the SD Memory Card Ver. 2.00 standard. They are not backward compatible with standard SD Memory Cards.
Interface: SD Memory Card Standard Ver. 2.00 Compatible
Power Supply Voltage: 2.7 - 3.6V
Compatible Standard: SD Memory Card Standard Ver. 2.00 Compatible
SD Speed Class Class 4
Maximum Write Speed: 6MB/Second
Exterior Dimensions: 15.0×11.0×1.0 (mm)
Weight Approx.: 0.4g
For further information about Toshiba's memory card solutions, please visit http://www.toshiba.co.jp/p-media/english/index.htm
Discuss this story:
4GB microSDHC card from Toshiba
DPNow 4GB microSDHC card from Toshiba
Toshiba, one of the co-inventors of the Secure Digital (SD) memory card standard, announces a 4GB mi... (more)