Release Issued by Samsung:
Samsung digital camera compatibility with Windows Vista
For more PMA-related articles: DPNow PMA show coverage index
Please note that Samsung digital camera compatibility with Windows Vista is as follows.
1. Windows Vista Compatibility by product
1) DSLR/High End
- D-SLR : GX-10, GX-1S, GX-1L
- High End : Pro 815
- NV Series: NV3, NV5, NV7, NV10
- i Series: i5, i50, i6
- L Series: L70, L50, L55W, L60, L80, L85
- V Series : V700, V800
- S Series : S500, S600, S700, S800, S1000
- A Series : A402, A502, A503, A40, A302, A50, A55W
* The above products are Windows Vista compatible. When connected to a PC running on Windows Vista, the cameras are recognized as mass storage devices (removable disks).
* When moving picture images are played in Photo Gallery, voice may not be reproduced on some camera models.
We will have the related firmware upgraded and available for download as soon as possible.
(Moving pictures are normally played on Windows Media Player.)
2. Bundled program compatibility with Windows Vista
1) Programs compatible with Windows Vista
- Digimax Mater
- Digimax Convert
- Digimax RAW Convert
- Digimax Reader
- Digimax Biz Reader
2) Programs not compatible with Windows Vista
- Digimax Viewer
(Digimax Viewer will be replaced by Digimax Mater.)
* Camera models not detailed above may not be compatible with Windows Vista.
When storing pictures on a PC, please use a memory card reader or a card slot.
Discuss this story (forum registration required)
Samsung publish schedule of products compatible with Vista
DPNow Samsung publish schedule of products compatible with Vista
Samsung's schedule of Vista Compatible cameras