Release Issued by ACDSee:
The Groundbreaking Photo Editing Software that Redefines Digital Creativity
New software teaches users how to be creative with their digital photos with easy-to-use features and guided walk-throughs that produce amazing creative results.
VICTORIA, British Columbia -July 6, 2006 - ACD Systems International Inc., makers of ACDSee(tm) photo management software and Canvas(tm) technical illustration software, announced today the release of ACDSee Photo Editor - an innovative photo editing application that offers memory keepers and photo enthusiasts the tools and guidance needed to turn their digital photos into something truly special and unique.
ACDSee Photo Editor helps photo enthusiasts of all levels turn their creative inspiration into photo perfection. From performing quick fixes such as lighting and red-eye correction to creating fun projects like scrapbook pages, CD covers, invitations, and more, Photo Editor walks you through the creative process, step-by-step, using interactive How-To lessons easy enough for even beginners to quickly master, yet powerful enough to handle the most creative details.
For people just starting out with photo editing, Photo Editor offers unique tools designed to make usually complex tasks much easier to accomplish. It does so by providing users with a sense of confidence and direction right from the very first time they use the application, so they can learn while doing, guided by the program itself.
Some of the major features in the programs that make photo editing easy and enjoyable for users include:
· How-tos: Offer guided walk-throughs of projects that teach you how to be creative with your photos step-by-step, from start to finish. That way, users can easily create CD covers, albums, and other great creative projects from the very first time they open the application.
· Vignette Tool: Creates stunning portrait-style photos in one simple action - streamlining and facilitating a process for new users that would normally require more advanced techniques.
· Adjustment/Filter Variations: Simplifies the creative process by displaying up to eight different previews of your original photo, right on screen, each preview showing a different variation of the effect, adjustment, or filter you're applying.
· Text Support: Simplifies the process of adding clever, descriptive text to your creative projects and provides the option to wrap text into thought bubbles or curve your text with a simple click.
· Batch Process: Saves time by allowing users to perform certain processes like applying an adjustment/filter, copying objects such as logos, clipart, or images, or creating vignettes to more than one photo at a time with just a couple of clicks.
· Cookie Cutter Tool: Crops your creation into fun shapes like letters, numbers, animals, or shapes, or add distinctive borders to your projects with a simple click.
Photo Editor also contains deeper features that meet the needs of more advanced users. Advanced users can create complex projects in Photo Editor's object-based environment using selection tools, gradients, masking techniques, blending modes, and in-depth vector object support.
"Photo Editor is the next step in our strategy of offering exceptional products at a reasonable price for specific audiences," said James Latham, vice president of marketing for ACD Systems. "The product is made for the population of creative individuals without the time or inclination to master such complex products as Photoshop, but who nevertheless have the desire to imbue their photos with creativity."
Pricing and Availability
The full version of ACDSee Photo Editor is available in English for $69.99 (USD), $49.99 for the upgrade from ACDSee Photo Editor 3.1, ACDSee PowerPack, or FotoCanvas. For more information, visit www.acdsee.com.